A Christmas Idea

[GIB] Kapwiing

L1: Registered
Apr 25, 2020
So I was reading old updates notes when I came across the "Australian Christmas Update", I decieded to look further and I found that it was this update that introduced Medieval Mode and also an "Origin Story" for the Australian Christmas :

"On December 18th, 1788, less than a year after the first settlers colonized Australia, an old cutthroat named Nicolas Crowder arrived on a boat with some other new settlers, took one look at the heat and privations, said "screw this," commandeered the boat, and set course on a one-man voyage to conquer the South Pole. Legend tells that he lives there still.

Every December 18th, "Old Nick" returns down under to find out if Australia's children have been naughty or nice. The nice children are given the greatest gift of all -- they are not abducted along with the naughty ones and carted off to the South Pole"

And so I though "This Old Nick would make a cool boss" I imagined a christmas themed map with like an "Underworld" but in a south pole style. I was thinking of Viaduct in a snowy version (maybe not a good idea considering that this map is already used for halloween and is supposed to be "hot") and a "christmas wheel" or something like that. I think I can do that (Not creating a boss tho), Any extra ideas/thoughts ? Maybe it looks too much like a halloween event? If you have an idea for the name too.

Last edited:

Mystic Monkey

L5: Dapper Member
Jan 24, 2011
Glad someone out there remembers Old Nick. I gave up hope TF2 will ever make a Smissmas event on par with Scream Fortress event. You can imagine I was rather gobsmacked with this years Smissmas.
Plus, I think Old Nick is canonically dead. As in he's not a wizard nor can he resurrect like Merasmus, he was perhaps a mortal. Although he was over two-hundred years old. His story dates back to 1788 and the Gravel War in 1968 and the borth of the Mann brothers in 1822.
But he was killed by Little Jack with an icicle to the neck and he was never spoken of again.
I believe Old Nick was suppose to be to Smissmas just as Merasmus is to Scream Fortress, but TF2 never bothered giving Smissmas the same treatment as Scream Fortress.

My ideas for Smissmas maps are Coldrush and "Deliver the Flag", a reversed Capture the Flag gamemode. (I would of liked Snowfall more if it was a deliver the flag map.)

As for Old Nick being an actual boss, I imagine him as a reskin of Headless Horseless Horsemann. Maybe armed with the Candy Cane.

[GIB] Kapwiing

L1: Registered
Apr 25, 2020
Glad someone out there remembers Old Nick. I gave up hope TF2 will ever make a Smissmas event on par with Scream Fortress event. You can imagine I was rather gobsmacked with this years Smissmas.
Plus, I think Old Nick is canonically dead. As in he's not a wizard nor can he resurrect like Merasmus, he was perhaps a mortal. Although he was over two-hundred years old. His story dates back to 1788 and the Gravel War in 1968 and the borth of the Mann brothers in 1822.
But he was killed by Little Jack with an icicle to the neck and he was never spoken of again.
I believe Old Nick was suppose to be to Smissmas just as Merasmus is to Scream Fortress, but TF2 never bothered giving Smissmas the same treatment as Scream Fortress.

My ideas for Smissmas maps are Coldrush and "Deliver the Flag", a reversed Capture the Flag gamemode. (I would of liked Snowfall more if it was a deliver the flag map.)

As for Old Nick being an actual boss, I imagine him as a reskin of Headless Horseless Horsemann. Maybe armed with the Candy Cane.
I think that Old Nick was completly obscured by Merasmus and the tf2 team just decided to go with Halloween as the "major" event of Tf2.
But I like the idea of a reskin for the HHH and the "deliver the flag" gamemode idea too :)