72hr single mapping session planning thread

Apr 19, 2009
Would you be willing to watch this all or part of event?
Yes
Would you be happy with an attempt at tc_? or would you rather an easier gamemode was picked so the end result is likely to be more viable?
Yes, we need more TC maps!
How many participants would you like to watch?
2-4

How do you feel about compiling limitations
No limits

Would you want to have a public playtest at hour 36 as well as 72?
Yes
Would you be willing to donate a few pennies to:
TF2maps for hosting this awesome event

And lastly some about participation:
Would you like to participate? Bearing in mind that this will be a physically and mentally draining event, even before you introduce the challenge of making a playable and fun tc map in the time limit.
I don't think I could last that long. :E

Is there anything else you would like to add?

Nopers

Omnomnick

L6: Sharp Member
Aug 16, 2009
As much as I can, I can during the weekend but during the final hours on Monday I won't be able to

Would you be happy with an attempt at tc_? or would you rather an easier gamemode was picked so the end result is likely to be more viable?
I think tc would be too hard to make in 72 hours, I'm making a small 2 CP payload map

2-4

Once per hour or two

Yes

Me for my world domination plans

Would you like to participate? Bearing in mind that this will be a physically and mentally draining event, even before you introduce the challenge of making a playable and fun tc map in the time limit.
I am participating but I'm not making tc_?

Watch me here - http://www.livestream.com/omnomnick?t=639406

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
I am participating but I'm not making tc_?

Watch me here - http://www.livestream.com/omnomnick?t=639406

Uh this isn't connected to tera's contest that is currently running.
:rolleyes:

lana

Currently On: ?????
aa
Sep 28, 2009
Most of it. Sleep would have to occur for me because I do have a presentation the following Monday, but I'd definitely watch at least 48 hours.

TC sounds great. Not sure if it'll turn out perfect or very well, but hell yes do it.

2-4

No limits

Hour 36? Doubtful if it'd be done by then, but of course at hour 72!

Charity

Would you like to participate?
I'm sorry, I'll be unable to participate in this event.

Do it for charity do it for charity do it for charity

lana

Currently On: ?????
aa
Sep 28, 2009
Or Desert Bus! That was a fun game!

littleedge

L1111: Clipping Guru
aa
Mar 2, 2009
I would be willing to watch some.
An attempt, sure. But anything works.
2-4
No limits
No.
Sorry, no.
No.
You do realize you're going to fuck your body up, right?

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
Ok so we're looking at 2-4 participants for this marathon.

Nine, TPG, and cyked, seem most interested, but not with tc :(

If we each did a different gamemode how would people feel about that? obviously they'd need to be all large maps, so 5cp, pl, multi-stage cp, etc no koth arena or ctf.

I see this as a personal challenge rather than a competition between us, there is no "winner" at the end, which is why I'm personally happy with us each doing a different mode.

I like the idea of making this a charity event and drawing more viewers however all our livestreams are limited to 50 viewers still and I've tried to get mine verified multiple times with no sucess. A first event of smaller scale would certainly help get us some verified accounts.

If we get several TF2maps livestreams and every VIP is allowed to stream on them (provided no one else is streaming on one already) we can really quickly get enough well populated channels for them to be verified. Then once they're all verified we can run future events with much larger audiences.

Thoughts?

Last edited:

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
Since seba didn't understand I guess others might not too.
What I'm suggesting is we get several accounts on livestream, TF2Mapper1, TF2Mapper2 etc and use those between us now instead of our own personal ones. This way those four or five channels will be streamed to, and viewed more than each of our personal ones. Making them more likely to be verified - yay.

Once we have several verified channels, in any events like this we can simply give participants the access to one of the TF2maps livestream channels. This removes all worry of needing verified accounts before each event.
Also it makes finding out who is streaming much easier and makes you more likely to get viewers when you are streaming.
The only downside is the possibility of getting an idiot VIP who decides to stream something stupid.

Okrag

Wall Staples
aa
Jun 10, 2009
If we had TF2Maps dedicated livestreams it might make things like detailing 101 work better.

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
Yep, it would be much easier to simply say "jump on livestream.com/tf2mapping01" at 9pm for xxx event

Seba

DR. BIG FUCKER, PHD
aa
Jun 9, 2009
Gee, YM, thanks for making me look like an idiot :p

Would VIP LS accounts also require non-private email accounts, or would they use some member's information?

Freyja

aa
Jul 31, 2009
I don't think I could physically stay up that long

TC works fine

1 only

No limits

Sure, but I doubt I'll be able to come

TF2maps for hosting this awesome event
Me for my world domination plans

Either either.

No. Aly needs her sleep.

<3

Why?

L1: Registered
Oct 25, 2009
Part.

TC is fine, but anything works.

1 or 2-4

Once per hour or two

Yes.

Hmm. The third one maybe :)

No. Still learning to map.

I don't post here much, but I'm on everyday, so I think this would be cool to see.

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
Would VIP LS accounts also require non-private email accounts, or would they use some member's information?

I'm pretty sure the owner of the channel can simply add accounts that are authorised to stream to it, how this works in detail though I haven't explored.

EDIT: just checked, yeah it's blindingly easy to add people to your channel. they don't need any kind of password other than their own I don't think. once they're added it should just show up in their procaster list of channels to stream to. win :D

Last edited:

Seba

DR. BIG FUCKER, PHD
aa
Jun 9, 2009
Wow, didn't expect LS to be so cooperative. When shall we start using the VIP accounts?