72hr jam, elevator delay help (should be pretty simple)

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by Hunky_YumYum, Jan 30, 2016.

1. Hunky_YumYum

Hunky_YumYum L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    I want my elevator (a door that goes up when you stand on the trigger) to wait a couple seconds once you stand in the trigger zone before going up. Here's what I have right now: see attachment

Right now it goes up fine but does so immediately after entering the trigger zone. What am I doing wrong? or how should I do it.

Attached Files:

2. Luigi1000

Luigi1000 L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
    Did you make sure to uncheck the "Touch opens" flag? Also it should normally enforce the delay as long as its specified and nothing else triggers it before.

3. Hunky_YumYum

Hunky_YumYum L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    THANK YOU SO MUCH! The "Touch opens" flag fixed it. They all work perfect now :)

4. Luigi1000

Luigi1000 L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
    Ya, that's something a lot of people tend to forget about with doors. Anyways, glad to help.

5. Lampenpam

aa Lampenpam

Positive Ratings:
    Note that doors moving upwards will stop moving when there are two players on the door which touch eachother. To fix that you need to make the door not solid and parent a func_brush on the door.
    For some reason the func brush can carry multiple players up without problems while a func_door has issues.