2fort edit collab, yup yet another 2fort edit.

Anya~

L1: Registered
Dec 11, 2022
Hello, I'm looking for someone to help me out in bringing 2Fort into 2023 complete with vscripts!

Budget: $250
^ Payment shall be discussed in DMs, preferably here or on Discord. Please have a portfolio ready.
^ Payment terms are on deliverables.

• Map edits must be shown via screen share or screenshots.
  • Map source files must be shared with me, and should be free of compiler errors.
  • Proof of work shall be provided via screen recording, and or screen share.
  • If we decide things aren't working out you will be payed for the amount of work you have completed.

What I'm looking for: I'm looking for someone to take care of the map editing part of this 2Fort revamp project so that I can focus on the logic, and vscript coding of the map. I'm not going to outright give away ideas here but here are some points we want to cover...
  • More open areas/less-choke points to move more focus on the CTF aspect of the map.
  • Spy only areas, special areas that only spies can access. *
  • Expanded bridge area a slightly larger area, and more ways to get around using the middle of the map. While keeping timings from fort to fort similar or the same.
  • More ammo/health locations, based on number of active map players.
  • Reviewing and reworking timings/blind spots. **
  • And maybe more... or less as I don't mind shooting around ideas and having discussions based around the maps design.
* : I've recently had a discussion about how being a spy in TF2 is one of if not the most difficult role, to the point where it often feel like you have to almost abuse game mechanics to even make "feel good" plays. However I do feel like the balance of TF2 is fine and don't want to edit the spies kit. Instead I decided to add special ways for spies to get around the map in a way no other class can. This would allow them to sneak in, and out of spaces unnoticed, deliver information to their team mates, and maybe even get some sneaky kills that they wouldn't normally be able to do on 2Fort due to it's limited points of entry/escape.

** : 2Fort is a beloved, yet pretty old map that has retained the same structure for years. I feel like it would be interesting to look around for areas that may need a bit of revamping to make the map feel a little more modern... especially when looking into how players like to play now, and the competitive scene.

(This is my first post on here, so please be gentle.)

Last edited: