Silent a2 Patch Notes
I finally finished parsing @d3adfin's feedback on the map, and it only took a little under 2 months!
I haven't even implemented it all, things such as the ramp on the rock on second and the scale changes haven't been added but will be in future versions.
Enough riff raff, though. Let's get into changes
- Added some goofy and wacky secrets to the map
- Changed the theme to be beach themed (some cliff walls are stupid bright so thats gotta be fixed)
- Made the doors on hut larger
//This opens a pretty nasty sightline from shutter, but it'll be fixed soon. This helps both sides of the hut chase out the other when trying to take mid.
- Raised up the concrete platform on the left
// It didn't make sense to have this lowground considering the routing changes made between Mid and Second, and + it makes this area a lot cleaner
- Removed small health from under
- Added small health + medium ammo to right
// Mostly for rollouts and so holding there is easier
- Simplified Geometry on right
// Mostly for the routing changes
Mid is way to small for my likeing, but this version is just to get the rough changes that are nessicary onto the map and go from there.
- Moved shutter closer to the center and made it not a shutter
// This is route is mostly the sneaky-esk route to easily get through toxic, although hypothetical it could be used for bombs/ubers
- Moved the boiler door closer to the left and made it a shutter
// I'm not sure if i'll keep this a shutter, but for now it blocks a sightline and acts as the main flank onto the point, letting you climb the rock to the point or run through the leftmost entrance on lobby.
- Merged shutter and boiler into one route
// Not sure what you could call it, but i'm sure people will think of something. If not, I can add a prop there.
- Turned Valley into a double choke
// This makes rollouts better and adds some much needed complexity to the route.
- Turned Valley -> 2nd into a door.
// Mostly here for sightline purposes and making other routes more appealing
Silent Second seems to have the problem of only having 1 viable door, so I definitley need to bulster up Shutter and Main(?) to compete with valley
- Moved the point to a more central location and changed the geometry to benefit this
// This will change the dynamic around point to be something better, and adds more utility to rock. This also encourages holds on Grey rather than near the metal area.
- Added a pipe to metal
// You can stand on top of it. Fun Fact: This may be going away in future versions so use it until you lose it.
- Changed Toxic to be shorter
- Added new Outdoors -> Toxic transition under metal
// No idea what to call this.
- Downgraded health on Grey from Medium -> Small
I'm excited to see how this new second plays out, and don't really see many problems. Maybe a little small in some areas.
- Added health to upper lobby
// Lobby was lacking health, making holds in it very difficult. This change aims to rectify that, although more health may be added in the future
- Updated Left to be Raised up and have both doors facing the same way
// Mostly to patch up a sightline and have it flow in to last more.
Lobby definitley isn't very interesting, so I might rework toxic/lower lobby to be more interesting and to give dropdown more utility
- Players can no longer go under the point
// This adds to distinct routes on the grass part of last, making it more interesting I feel.
- Added a fence to the point
// Everybody loves fences. This is just to block sightline.
- Left Side entrance now slopes down
// This is to make it easier for attackers to bust in and just makes this side more interesting.
- Added a Small Health to the Left
- Completely reworked the right
// I hated this building. It needed to go.
Overall, last is much better. It's probably the best part of the map, so i'm excited to see where it goes.
New Custom Assets Used
- Frontline Pack
- Zythe's OC Cutouts (Don't know how those got in there)