1. Hey Guest, welcome to the new forums. Be sure to check out this thread to get all the information you need on the cool new stuff!

Usernames

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by SlayerBlitz, May 20, 2010.

1. SlayerBlitz

SlayerBlitz L3: Member

Thanks Received:
    We all have usernames (Its kinda required) on this site, but what do they mean? Why do we choose these words to represent us? Im kinda curious about a few of the user names around here (You know who you are) so I thought this was a better way of finding out, the other option being of course to hire several hundred detectives to make psychological profiles of everyone (Which would be difficult, seeing as the lack of info to go on).

I guess I will start with mine. When I got a Xbox 360 from my brother, the username on it was Slayer which I really like for some reason, so I left it as that, and about 2 years ago I was trying to think up a good username, my game of the moment was Final Fantasy X and I remembered a minigame in it called Blitz Ball, and there you go, SlayerBlitz. If there is another meaning to it, I honestly do not know at all. I really thought it was a unique name until I made my youtube account, and found a TON of other people called that.

2. Icarus

aa Icarus

Thanks Received:
    [​IMG]

ICARUS HAS FOUND YOU!!!!!
    >ICARUS HAS FOUND YOU!!!!!
    >>ICARUS HAS FOUND YOU!!!!!
    >>>ICARUS HAS FOUND YOU!!!!!
    >>>>ICARUS HAS FOUND YOU!!!!!
    >>>>>ICARUS HAS FOUND YOU!!!!!
    >>>>>>ICARUS HAS FOUND YOU!!!!!
    >>>>>>>ICARUS HAS FOUND YOU!!!!!
    >>>>>>>>ICARUS HAS FOUND YOU!!!!!
    >>>>>>>>>ICARUS HAS FOUND YOU!!!!!
    >>>>>>>>>RUN WHILE YOU CAN!!!!!!!!!!!
    >>>>>>>>RUN WHILE YOU CAN!!!!!!!!!!!
    >>>>>>>RUN WHILE YOU CAN!!!!!!!!!!!
    >>>>>>RUN WHILE YOU CAN!!!!!!!!!!!
    >>>>>RUN WHILE YOU CAN!!!!!!!!!!!
    >>>>RUN WHILE YOU CAN!!!!!!!!!!!
    >>>RUN WHILE YOU CAN!!!!!!!!!!!
    >>RUN WHILE YOU CAN!!!!!!!!!!!
    >RUN WHILE YOU CAN!!!!!!!!!!!
    RUN WHILE YOU CAN!!!!!!!!!!!

3. A Boojum Snark

aa A Boojum Snark Toraipoddodezain Mazahabado

Thanks Received:
  4. Prestige

aa Prestige March 2009: Diagnosed with "The Gay"

Thanks Received:
    my favorite movie.

5. Dr. ROCKZO

Dr. ROCKZO L8: Fancy Shmancy Member

Thanks Received:
    Dr. ROCKZO is from Metalocalypse, a TV show most of you have seen that I'm just really into, I don't know why the Rockzo is all caps, it's just how I made it when I first came up with the alias. Unfortunately, it was taken on YouTube, so I roll with Dr. ROCKNZO, a neat little tie in to the fact that I'm from New Zealand.

6. Vincent

aa Vincent What a luser

Thanks Received:
    My now second favorite name in real life, used to be my first.
    My new first being Sirus.

7. Dr. Spud

aa Dr. Spud Grossly Incandescent

Thanks Received:
    I needed a 4 letter name for smash bros. So Spud was chosen for no particular reason.

Then Spud appeared to be already taken in nearly every online game, so I added Dr.

8. TMP

aa TMP Abuser of Site Rules

Thanks Received:
    Too long of a story to explain.

9. Boylee

aa Boylee pew pew pew

Thanks Received:
    My surname + e.

Just always used it for gaming online.
    Pretty dull huh?

10. Freyja

aa Freyja Unpronounceable map names since 2013

Thanks Received:
    Alyss was a heroine in a book I used to love (still do)

It was taken in some online communities so I made it Alyssea

And now it is just Aly because Alyssea sounded too fairytaley

11. umbratile

aa umbratile bepis

Thanks Received:
    Long story, and I think I've told it before. But I have a lot of time so here we go. Both of my names were actually a little lost in translation between Norwegian and English. :p

First I used BreadHeadFred, a name which I'm ashamed of but I think most people know that used to be my username anyway. Fred is the common nickname of my first name, BreadHead is a silly insult in Norwegian. It rhymes, so I used that as a temporary name while playing with my real life friends.

But when I started playing more with the Control Point people and eventually TF2Maps, people didn't understand the point of my name, so I changed it to MrMuffinMan. Then I changed it to Muffin Man because everyone and their dog uses the Mr prefix for some reason. However, the name didn't come from the song "The Muffin Man", in fact I had never heard it the English version (in Norwegian he is just called "the baker"). Instead, I got the name from a childhood friend of mine who used a yellow knitted chicken (named Mr. Muffin Man) to annoy me when he was feeling hyperactive on sugar. On a few occasion he kept me awake entire nights.

So basically my name is Muffin Man because I had a very weird friend.

12. Bermuda Cake

Bermuda Cake L9: Fashionable Member

Thanks Received:
    The result of a username brainstorming session with a friend, I used to be maggot.
    Some time after I found out it was a real cake.

13. Trotim

aa Trotim

Thanks Received:
    the (game) Return Of The Incredible Machine

Although I always preferred the original, its abbreviation (just TIM) was obviously kinda too common =P

Radaka thanked this.
  14. Sel

Sel Banned

Thanks Received:
    [​IMG]

Totally jacked mine from myst.

Icarus thanked this.
  15. HeaH

HeaH L8: Fancy Shmancy Member

Thanks Received:
    Heah is my initials

16. gamemaster1996

gamemaster1996 L13: Stunning Member

Thanks Received:
    Well it was my youtube account username and it was a odd choice that came into my head as i enjoyed gaming. 1996 is my birth date.

17. Engineer

aa Engineer

Thanks Received:
    I have had tons of usernames. When I registered here I did it with a crappy username... And than one day I just decided to call myself Engineer. And yes, it is my favourite class.

18. MrAlBobo

MrAlBobo L12: Fabulous Member

Thanks Received:
    I use this name for the simple reason that it is always available.

It came from a clown in some kids tv show I saw many years ago :p (I omitted the last word because it was too long)

19. zpqrei

aa zpqrei Theme Changer Extraordinaire

Thanks Received:
  20. Jimmy

Jimmy L7: Fancy Member

Thanks Received:
    Well mines is a long one. To start I went with the nick Cocodaconman, since "Coco the con man" Is what my Grandad used to call me when I was wee. I had no other nicknames to use so it kinda stuck. Later on in my gaming times I got into music, specifically punk rock, and a band called Green Day. :D One of their songs, Saint Jimmy, really spoke to me, that whole album kinda described life for me at that point in time. So It became Saint Jimmy The Conne Manne, with added gentlemanneness! and for now its just Jimmy, as everyone calls me that or Saint. :D