The Best Damn Prop in TF2

HeaH

L8: Fancy Shmancy Member
Oct 2, 2008
Sorry, I forgot that you could thank the first post in Off Topic.

No you didn't, you just wanted us to thank you twice :p

But it's fair, for such an awesome article about such an awesome prop

DjD

L5: Dapper Member
May 18, 2010
When I first read this "article" I was like "Hmm, he probably tries to be funny..."
Then, couple mins later, I created a prop_static in my map and selected handrail216.
Then, I clicked "OK".
What happened next was wonderful and disturbing at the same time:
A ray of light came through my window, illuminating the hammer 3D view right where the handrail was.

I thought, who the hell stands at my window at night just to illuminate my desktop with a flashlight? o_O

I opened my window to see what or better WHO was there...
You cant imagine who?

The GOD OF THE HANDRAILZ!
No joke!
He told me to use more of this special item.
I did.
I playtested my map...
It was awesome.

End of boring story.

TLDR:
Use this magical item but be aware of the consequences

Last edited:

DjD

L5: Dapper Member
May 18, 2010
Here are some screenshots of my map before reading this thread and after.
The results are amazing.

BEFORE:
attachment.php

AFTER:
attachment.php

But seriously, TMP is damn right, this prop really is fantastic.

Last edited:

grazr

Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle
aa
Mar 4, 2008
I'm amazed this thread got 47 "thanks" and doesn't even explain when and where to use the prop in question, or its impact on gameplay (just that it has one). It's just "this prop is awesome and has 4 skins" obnoxiously drawn out into 6 paragraphs split by images that don't even fit the page.

Now if it was a thread about implementing barriers on a broader scale i'd be more inclined to thank it as it would have at least been interesting to read.

Personally i am sick of tired of seeing this prop get used because everyone knows how easy it is to implement and how much it increases the general aesthetic of the area it gets used in. Pipeline and hydro demonstrate this.

A Boojum Snark

Toraipoddodezain Mazahabado
aa
Nov 2, 2007
1139 - FireSlash: There are 311 variations of ctf_2fort
1140 - TMP: ctf_216fort
1140 - TMP: Make the 2fort bases out of handrail216
1140 - A Boojum Snark: So TMP
1140 - A Boojum Snark: how much did handrail216 pay you.
1140 - TMP: Uh
1140 - TMP: I'm not allowed to disclose that number :|

It's all a sham! He was paid off to promote the model! :O

TMP

Ancient Pyro Main
aa
Aug 11, 2008
I'm amazed this thread got 47 "thanks" and doesn't even explain when and where to use the prop in question, or its impact on gameplay (just that it has one). It's just "this prop is awesome and has 4 skins" obnoxiously drawn out into 6 paragraphs split by images that don't even fit the page.

Now if it was a thread about implementing barriers on a broader scale i'd be more inclined to thank it as it would have at least been interesting to read.

Personally i am sick of tired of seeing this prop get used because everyone knows how easy it is to implement and how much it increases the general aesthetic of the area it gets used in. Pipeline and hydro demonstrate this.

Take a look on what forum I posted it in and then you'll understand why I got 47 49 thanks.

And EEEEP Boojum! Errr, uh... I never said that! He just faked the evidence!

grazr

Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle
aa
Mar 4, 2008