SKYBOX model Pack

Model SKYBOX model Pack 1.0

Colt Seavers

L6: Sharp Member
Dec 30, 2007
lols - i didn't think you'd be so quick :p Released Flakey b1 - well, uploading now....

b2 will be very grateful for it!

Colt Seavers

L6: Sharp Member
Dec 30, 2007
We've made these bud - Jimbomcb did them. I'll get him to post them up : we needed them for our KOTH_SUITE community map project - the maps docks has 2 types of Skybox models, a tiny file size and a almost tiny file size :p Oh, and we've made Mann & Co Skybox containers too that Boylee did the skins for :D

attachment.php

here they are

http://forums.tf2maps.net/showthread.php?t=10946

Boylee also did a Mann & Co skin - I'm checking with Jim that he included it. If not, no doubt Boylee can upload it.

grazr

Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle
aa
Mar 4, 2008
users should be aware that skybox models (and anything in the 3dskybox for that matter) have no physics in game, and rockets (and other projectiles) will appear to pass right through them. This can look odd ingame.

It's a sensible technique to place some regular models in the fore ground to take potential missed rockets and grenades. This helps people from going "ooooh, that's in the 3dskybox", which breaks immersion.

I only say this because i can see people going crazy happy with these new 3dskybox models. and bringing the 3dskybox right up to the map boundaries. This might be ok in some instances, but it does lead to the issue mentioned above. Just something to bare in mind when constructing your map and considering the 3dskybox.

honeymustard

L9: Fashionable Member
Oct 26, 2009
Hey, would it be possible for you to make a skybox version of the metal girders on the train bridge? It's in badlands and viaduct. The model path is models/props_badlands/center_bridge01.mdl. Many thanks if you can!

Ezekel

L11: Posh Member
Dec 16, 2008
any chance you could redo the pine tree clusters so they can use the snow skin on them?
(like the their non-skybox equivalents)

SiniStarR

L8: Fancy Shmancy Member
Mar 31, 2009
sure i can do that, just not anytime soon considering the time of the year :p

Ezekel

L11: Posh Member
Dec 16, 2008

SiniStarR

Mar 31, 2009
Surprise! I did it anyway! I'm happy to introduce 1.4!
The cluster pine trees now have their snowy textures!
------------------------------------
@BoyLee: Ill consider making one but it would take a LONG time since there are a TON of minor steps. I do this mainly for myself though. I like the extra practice when working with compiling and decompiling source models, and I really enjoy it to. So in a way i'm not being pestered.

Boylee

pew pew pew
aa
Apr 29, 2008
That's fair play SiniStarR, you're doing us all a favour anyway so keep up the good work :)

Any chance we can have skybox versions of the rocket launchpad models please?
To be more specific, these ones:
Code:
props_granary/rocket_launchpad1.mdl
props_granary/rocket_launchpad2.mdl
props_granary/rocket_launchpad3.mdl
Edit: ooh also a skybox version of the BLU version of this model would be useful too, as there only seems to be a red one at the moment.
Code:
props_spytech\rocket003.mdl
Thanks in advance :thumbup1:

Last edited:

SiniStarR

Mar 31, 2009
i am working on these, for some reason the skin families are giving me issues :|

Boylee

pew pew pew
aa
Apr 29, 2008
Just realised I got the request wrong above, I meant to ask for a blue version of props_spytech/rocket002_skybox.mdl, however in retrospect what I actually need is a skybox version of props_spytech/rocket003.mdl since the curent skybox version is only the top half of the rocket (doesn't have the thrusters and the lower portion).

So scratch the last request, would you mind doing a skybox version of props_spytech/rocket003.mdl please?

SiniStarR

Mar 31, 2009
i will. ive had alot of irl stuff to worry about and mappers block hasnt been helping either. Ill get them done though just give me time ><

honeymustard

L9: Fashionable Member
Oct 26, 2009
I don't know if you're still doing these - but I could really use a skybox version of the shipping container from Granary, with both the blu/red skins. Thanks!