Glassworks

CP Glassworks RC7a

• This map is featured! Our best maps, all together in one place for your viewing pleasure.

Vel0city

func_fish
aa
Dec 6, 2014
Got things on RC6test:

txJf23A.jpg

Texture misalignment. Goes for both sides.

5G9N6Wx.jpg

This looks unnatural. Make another steel beam to separate them.

EYWxevG.jpg

This also looks weird. A steel staircase with a stone bottom. Make it all steel.

Last edited:

Crash

func_nerd
aa
Mar 1, 2010
I actually already fixed two out of three of those already for rc6! Only one I didn't do was the transition from metal to concrete. That's a super easy one, it should already be cut, even.

I'm so excited to push out rc6 through the workshop and mass update nerds.

Vel0city

func_fish
aa
Dec 6, 2014
About that: where does the workshop put the maps? I've downloaded one so far but it doesn't appear in the tf map nor does it show up in the "create offline server map" thing. I would assume it would just go into tf/download/maps since that's where all the custom maps go but right now it doesn't.

Vel0city

func_fish
aa
Dec 6, 2014
Found them. Maps go to steamapps/workshop/440/content/*some random number*/mapname.bsp.

BUT WHY????? The game can't read the maps there, there is a workshop folder in common/tf that's unused and every player ever is now trying to figure out where the hell their newly downloaded map has gone. Does Valve WANT you to not play custom maps? What's the point of adding a map workshop when you're going to give people the hardest time finding the maps?

ohright, map feedback on Glassworks. Great to see the things I highlighted getting fixed.

Dec 28, 2014
Found them. Maps go to steamapps/workshop/440/content/*some random number*/mapname.bsp.

BUT WHY????? The game can't read the maps there, there is a workshop folder in common/tf that's unused and every player ever is now trying to figure out where the hell their newly downloaded map has gone. Does Valve WANT you to not play custom maps? What's the point of adding a map workshop when you're going to give people the hardest time finding the maps?

ohright, map feedback on Glassworks. Great to see the things I highlighted getting fixed.

Why should the TF2 team bother testing the map workshop when they can just say it's a beta and have the TF2 community test it for them. ;)

Vel0city

func_fish
aa
Dec 6, 2014
Why should the TF2 team bother testing the map workshop when they can just say it's a beta and have the TF2 community test it for them. ;)

Common sense. I know Valve lacks that most of the time but with such an important feature that can make or break the game they REALLY should do their own internal testing.

Crash

func_nerd
aa
Mar 1, 2010
Updated! Downloads in OP along with new screenshots.

Release Candidate 6-
Fixed a number of gameplay issues
Overhauled final lighting
Fixed a few symmetry issues
Adjusted some clipping (natch)
Improved optimization
Fixed a few small material issues
Cleaned up detailing in a few places
Vague as hell changelog, I don't remember all that I did

Dec 28, 2014
I really like your video changelogs, they are much more interesting then text change logs and it's always interesting to hear the reasons behind the changes.

Crash

func_nerd
aa
Mar 1, 2010
Updated! Downloads in OP as usual.

Release Candidate 6a-
Drastically improved optimization on last
Fixed number of minor bugs
Fixed a few teleporter traps
Smoothed out some of the ledges on last to get rid of places that can eat rockets
Slightly adjusted lighting
Removed some props around the map

Vel0city

func_fish
aa
Dec 6, 2014
Feedback time.

OXPTNJi.jpg

Still looks unnatural. Goes for both sides. Put a steal beam between the two textures to make the transition seamless.

hhxZOJ9.jpg

Steal beam missing, since it goes around the other side you'd think that there should be one here too. Same goes for the RED side.

GN7Pq13.jpg

Weird texture alignment on the bridge connecting second to garden.

NOjcKr8.jpg

I recon that hole has been made for optimization things, but it can be seen by rocket jumping. Also, the building on the right of that hole can't be seen from the inside. Minor thing, but still a thing. Goes for both RED and BLU's side.

JKln6Ed.jpg

I can see behind the lamp since it doesn't have a texture. I think hanging lamps would work better anyways. Goes for both sides of the map.

GVbvnpp.jpg

Unnatural lighting on the fence. Too dark.

06ltIGF.jpg

Still an obvious ghost light. Put a prop there (as well on RED's side but don't illuminate that one). Now that I come to think of it, is that light really necessary? Other parts of the same building look fine without additional lighting.

R2X9tWq.jpg

Weirdly lit door prop is weirdly lit. It should be in full lighting yet it isn't.