Model Ge u25b

Trotim

aa
Jul 14, 2009
What's so bad about it? It's hard to tell now since only like a quarter is textured.

Sel

Banned
Feb 18, 2009
I think he's being sarcastic?

I'm not, that first picture is awful :S

I am, kinda liking where I'm going with this I guess?

haveigotthisyet.jpg

Jakkarra

L4: Comfortable Member
Aug 26, 2009
Ohgod. That is so hideous, i'm going to be sick.

:p

grazr

Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle
aa
Mar 4, 2008
I liked it with the dark engine hatches more than the lighter grey ones. But maybe that's just because a lot of the old locamotives were painted black, maroon or dark green, so it feels more natural that way.

But i geuss it's not really worth commenting on colour theory when the whole thing isn't finished yet.

Jakkarra

Aug 26, 2009
I'd have kept the colour scheme the same as that of the other train, as far as possible.

Sel

Banned
Feb 18, 2009
I liked it with the dark engine hatches more than the lighter grey ones. But maybe that's just because a lot of the old locamotives were painted black, maroon or dark green, so it feels more natural that way.

But i geuss it's not really worth commenting on colour theory when the whole thing isn't finished yet.

I like bright colours :v

Ilikebrightcolours.jpg

Am I actually doing this right :?

Exist

L6: Sharp Member
Oct 31, 2009
How about when you finish, you post a un-textured UV map so we can make you do our bidding when it comes to skins and textures :)

Seba

DR. BIG FUCKER, PHD
aa
Jun 9, 2009
Don't make the nose orange if you're going to keep the details red/team-coloured; it looks very distracting. The default train only has orange highlights for a reason.

Seba

DR. BIG FUCKER, PHD
aa
Jun 9, 2009
I'm not sure if the light gray that forms most of the train works well with the bright orange...try desaturating the orange a bit, see how that looks.

Sel

Banned
Feb 18, 2009
I'm not sure if the light gray that forms most of the train works well with the bright orange...try desaturating the orange a bit, see how that looks.

Ehh, I prefer it as is.

Think I'm pretty much finished here. Gonna release the PSD and 3ds so that you all can go crazy with skins if you really want to. You can find them here.

colour.jpg

colour2.jpg

Gonna release it later today I guess, while I finish up some final things.

Last edited:

Sel

Banned
Feb 18, 2009
There was an issue with the 3ds file in the old archive involving the latch, it is now in the proper position, and I have updated the archive.

megawac

Oct 2, 2009
I don't know the original train still seems to have something more epic about it. I believe it has something to do with its front.... Maybe its just me....

Last edited:

Exist

L6: Sharp Member
Oct 31, 2009
I don't know, I like this one better then the current one. Plus the fact that you are letting us make our own skins makes we love you :)

EDIT: so you didn't use a normal map?

Last edited: