.bsp file not being created (and also other problems)

heroofsomethin

L1: Registered
Apr 18, 2021
Alright so first off the .bsp file is not found and usually you need to compile the map to create the .bsp file but i cant compile it in the first place

Secondly it keeps telling me that there is a displacement found on an entity, so i select all displacements in visgroups and tie them to the world, but when i compile it again the same error pops up. Also ignore all the missing materials that will be fixed later. Thanks a ton if you can help me!

** Executing...
** Command: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Team Fortress 2\bin\vbsp.exe"
** Parameters: -game "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Team Fortress 2\tf" "C:\Users\USER\Desktop\Things\tdm_hightower_cooler.vmf"

Valve Software - vbsp.exe (May 21 2020)
8 threads
MSG_FILEWRITE - Filesystem was asked to write to 'C:\Users\USER\Desktop\Things\tdm_hightower_cooler.log', but we don't own that location. Allowing.
materialPath: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Team Fortress 2\tf\materials
Loading C:\Users\USER\Desktop\Things\tdm_hightower_cooler.vmf
material "vg_tower/vg_specialthanks" not found.
Material not found!: VG_TOWER/VG_SPECIALTHANKS
ConVarRef mat_reduceparticles doesn't point to an existing ConVar
material "vg_tower/vg_madeby" not found.
Material not found!: VG_TOWER/VG_MADEBY
material "maps/plr_hightower_vg6/glass/glasswindow001a_-13299_14084_-3172" not found.
Material not found!: MAPS/PLR_HIGHTOWER_VG6/GLASS/GLASSWINDOW001A_-13299_14084_-3172
material "maps/plr_hightower_vg6/glass/glasswindow001a_-4760_-1632_1460" not found.
Material not found!: MAPS/PLR_HIGHTOWER_VG6/GLASS/GLASSWINDOW001A_-4760_-1632_1460
material "maps/plr_hightower_vg6/swamp/tile/floor_tile_002a_worn_-13299_14084_-3172" not found.
Material not found!: MAPS/PLR_HIGHTOWER_VG6/SWAMP/TILE/FLOOR_TILE_002A_WORN_-13299_14084_-3172
material "ig_idle/vg_doomwall02" not found.
Material not found!: IG_IDLE/VG_DOOMWALL02
material "ig_idle/vg_doomwall03" not found.
Material not found!: IG_IDLE/VG_DOOMWALL03
material "ig_idle/vg_doomflat02" not found.
Material not found!: IG_IDLE/VG_DOOMFLAT02
material "ig_idle/vg_nuclear" not found.
Material not found!: IG_IDLE/VG_NUCLEAR
material "maps/plr_hightower_vg6/glass/glasswindow001a_3072_-96_224" not found.
Material not found!: MAPS/PLR_HIGHTOWER_VG6/GLASS/GLASSWINDOW001A_3072_-96_224
material "cp_cinna/anim/cin_animwall" not found.
Material not found!: CP_CINNA/ANIM/CIN_ANIMWALL
material "maps/plr_hightower_vg6/glass_refract_v2/glass_refract_hex01_tntclear_-4760_-1632_1460" not found.
Material not found!: MAPS/PLR_HIGHTOWER_VG6/GLASS_REFRACT_V2/GLASS_REFRACT_HEX01_TNTCLEAR_-4760_-1632_1460
material "maps/plr_hightower_vg6/cp_manor/wood_floor01_-4760_-1632_1460" not found.
Material not found!: MAPS/PLR_HIGHTOWER_VG6/CP_MANOR/WOOD_FLOOR01_-4760_-1632_1460
material "hoi_dev_128/5_orange" not found.
Material not found!: HOI_DEV_128/5_ORANGE
material "ig_idle/rather/rather_floor" not found.
Material not found!: IG_IDLE/RATHER/RATHER_FLOOR
material "ig_idle/rather/rather_wall" not found.
Material not found!: IG_IDLE/RATHER/RATHER_WALL
material "maps/plr_hightower_vg6/cp_manor/wood_floor01_-13299_14084_-3172" not found.
Material not found!: MAPS/PLR_HIGHTOWER_VG6/CP_MANOR/WOOD_FLOOR01_-13299_14084_-3172
material "ig_idle/rather/rather_monitor" not found.
Material not found!: IG_IDLE/RATHER/RATHER_MONITOR
material "ig_idle/rather/rather_keyboard" not found.
Material not found!: IG_IDLE/RATHER/RATHER_KEYBOARD
material "egypt/egypt_blend_rockwall011_to_wavy_sand01" not found.
Material not found!: EGYPT/EGYPT_BLEND_ROCKWALL011_TO_WAVY_SAND01
material "egypt/egypt_sand001" not found.
Material not found!: EGYPT/EGYPT_SAND001
material "maps/plr_hightower_vg6/nature/snow_full001_-4760_-1632_1460" not found.
Material not found!: MAPS/PLR_HIGHTOWER_VG6/NATURE/SNOW_FULL001_-4760_-1632_1460
material "vg_tower/vg_seizure" not found.
Material not found!: VG_TOWER/VG_SEIZURE
material "maps/plr_hightower_vg6/cp_manor/wood_floor01_3072_-96_224" not found.
Material not found!: MAPS/PLR_HIGHTOWER_VG6/CP_MANOR/WOOD_FLOOR01_3072_-96_224
material "vg_tower/vg_freezer" not found.
Material not found!: VG_TOWER/VG_FREEZER
material "vg_tower/vg_cinava" not found.
Material not found!: VG_TOWER/VG_CINAVA
material "cinnas_funhouse/i_be_do_it" not found.
Material not found!: CINNAS_FUNHOUSE/I_BE_DO_IT
material "vg_tower/vg_shark_2" not found.
Material not found!: VG_TOWER/VG_SHARK_2
material "cinnas_funhouse/asriel_poster_01" not found.
Material not found!: CINNAS_FUNHOUSE/ASRIEL_POSTER_01
material "vg_tower/vg_shark_1" not found.
Material not found!: VG_TOWER/VG_SHARK_1
material "vg_tower/vg_tuckface" not found.
Material not found!: VG_TOWER/VG_TUCKFACE
Error: displacement found on a(n) func_detail entity - not supported (entity 1067, brush 0)

** Executing...
** Command: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Team Fortress 2\bin\vvis.exe"
** Parameters: -game "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Team Fortress 2\tf" "C:\Users\USER\Desktop\Things\tdm_hightower_cooler"

Valve Software - vvis.exe (May 21 2020)
MSG_FILEWRITE - Filesystem was asked to write to 'c:\users\user\desktop\things\tdm_hightower_cooler.log', but we don't own that location. Allowing.
8 threads
reading c:\users\user\desktop\things\tdm_hightower_cooler.bsp
Error opening c:\users\user\desktop\things\tdm_hightower_cooler.bsp

** Executing...
** Command: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Team Fortress 2\bin\vrad.exe"
** Parameters: -game "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Team Fortress 2\tf" "C:\Users\USER\Desktop\Things\tdm_hightower_cooler"

Valve Software - vrad.exe SSE (May 21 2020)

Valve Radiosity Simulator
8 threads
MSG_FILEWRITE - Filesystem was asked to write to 'c:\users\user\desktop\things\tdm_hightower_cooler.log', but we don't own that location. Allowing.
[Reading texlights from 'lights.rad']
unknown light specifier type - lights

[56 texlights parsed from 'lights.rad']

Loading c:\users\user\desktop\things\tdm_hightower_cooler.bsp
Error opening c:\users\user\desktop\things\tdm_hightower_cooler.bsp

** Executing...
** Command: Copy File
** Parameters: "C:\Users\USER\Desktop\Things\tdm_hightower_cooler.bsp" "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Team Fortress 2\tf\maps\tdm_hightower_cooler.bsp"

The command failed. Windows reported the error:
"The system cannot find the file specified."

Startacker!

WANT ME TO BE REAL? MAKE ME.
aa
Jun 15, 2013
Error: displacement found on a(n) func_detail entity - not supported (entity 1067, brush 0)
Displacements can not be brush entities. Making them func_detail is unneeded anyway since displacements do not cut visleafs or seal a map. Set all of your displacements that are entities back to world brushes by selecting them and clicking this button underneath the Visgroup tab on the right of your window.
upload_2021-4-18_0-59-25.png

heroofsomethin

L1: Registered
Apr 18, 2021
Displacements can not be brush entities. Making them func_detail is unneeded anyway since displacements do not cut visleafs or seal a map. Set all of your displacements that are entities back to world brushes by selecting them and clicking this button underneath the Visgroup tab on the right of your window.
i've done that multiple times yet i still get the same result. Ive already used the interlopers website to check my errors, tried to fix it, and always get the same message every time

Startacker!

WANT ME TO BE REAL? MAKE ME.
aa
Jun 15, 2013
i've done that multiple times yet i still get the same result. Ive already used the interlopers website to check my errors, tried to fix it, and always get the same message every time
Then your issue isn't just tied to one displacement. Having even just one will cause your compile to fail and it'll always come from a displacement tied to a brush entity. Check each one you have and make sure you don't have any brushes that are accidentally displacements. Make sure you're not in Solids mode ( :ig: ) too so you can see which ones are tied to entities.