Undermine (Haunted Mine)

KotH Undermine (Haunted Mine) b3c

MC_Labs15

Server Staff
Dec 10, 2020
MC_Labs15 updated Haunted Mine (KOTH) with a new update entry:

A5: High Ground

• Added new high ground options near the point to counteract the strength of the skeleton room
  • Reduced sightlines
  • Tweaked pickups
  • Tweaked spawn times
  • The Prospectre now prefers to alternate teams when selecting victims
  • The Prospectre now no longer aggros sentries directly, though he can still destroy them if his dynamite lands near them
  • Increased radius of boss screen shake
  • Fixed an edge case where a victim dying mid-melee swing would cause the Prospectre to...

Read the rest of this update entry...

MC_Labs15

Server Staff
Dec 10, 2020

A9: Balancing that which is weightless

• Tweaked how the Prospectre spawns. Instead of spawning immediately on first cap, he now spawns once when either clock reaches 2:15 (45 seconds held) and then again once one of the timers reaches 60 or 30 seconds left, assuming he is not still alive.
  • Gave the Prospectre a slight preference for the winning team when selecting targets
  • Added another boss teleport destination near the point
  • Slightly reduced frequency of minecart spawns while the boss is alive
  • Minecarts now...

MC_Labs15

Server Staff
Dec 10, 2020

A11: Where's He Gonna Go?

• Changed the Prospectre's teleportation method. Instead of just vanishing, he now phases down into the floor or up into the ceiling before popping out elsewhere.
  • Added the ability to headshot the boss (you would not BELIEVE how annoying it was to get this working!)
  • Temporarily disabled sentry targeting due to an unresolved bug that can make him freeze up
  • Turned off the dodgy killcam for the boss (may reenable later if I can fix the zooming)

MC_Labs15

Server Staff
Dec 10, 2020

A12: The Glow-Up

• Did a rough initial artpass over much of the map
  • Instead of crumpkins, the Prospectre now occasionally drops special pickups which grant players a new "ghost" effect (flight + minicrits + firing/reload speed buff)
  • Tweaked pickups & bombs
  • Increased timer length to 4 minutes
  • Tweaked boss spawn conditions to prevent him from spawning too frequently or too quickly after being killed
  • The green glow effect now visually indicates the Prospectre's approximate position in the...

MN_

Bug Finder
aa
Jul 23, 2024
The clip brushes on REDs side aren't stretched up far enough making it possible to get out of bounds in some spots.

Screenshot 2024-08-22 130134.png
image_2024-08-22_130945841.png

MC_Labs15

Server Staff
Dec 10, 2020

A12B: Yippee Threshold Increased

• Added new nooks to serve as decloak and teleporter spots
  • Tweaked pickups
  • Various minor fixes
  • The Prospectre can no longer set off pumpkin bombs with his dynamite
  • The Prospectre now takes 40% less damage from miniguns and sentry guns
  • Changed how the reward items are dropped. Individual player damage is now tracked, allowing players to "farm" pickups from the boss more easily
  • The boss now drops multiple rewards on death and players cannot collect them if already...

MC_Labs15

Server Staff
Dec 10, 2020

B2: Boo!

• Finished & optimized the Prospectre's model and textures alongside associated models & pickups
  • Added loads of new voicelines for the Prospectre
  • Gave the Prospectre a new dynamite burst ability which can trigger when he's near a large group of players
  • Tweaked pickups & boss AI for balancing purposes to hopefully favor the defending team less
  • Various minor tweaks and improvements