The Meal

Model The Meal v2

ethosaur

L4: Comfortable Member
Sep 18, 2010
ethosaur submitted a new resource:

The Meal - A big pot containing... some kind of meal

Just a quick and dumb prop I made as a meme, but who knows, maybe you might find some use for it? Feel free to use for whatever.

the-meal.gif

Read more about this resource...

Pocket

Half a Lambert is better than one.
aa
Nov 14, 2009
So...can't help but notice the texture is broken because you put the files inside /materials/ instead of /materials/models/. So I fixed that, and did a quick test.

pot.jpeg

The phong reflections get weird in places; not sure what can be done about that because it doesn't seem like an issue it ought to be having? The reflections on the outside look correct everywhere except that one spot where it goes all glitchy. Any modeling experts got any ideas here?

Your material file also has rim lighting enabled, which is kind of weird for a prop, and has orphaned references to $normalmapalphaenvmapmask and $phongexponenttexture that don't exist. I was going to suggest that having the tan parts of the pot's texture double as blackened portions of a Phong mask might help sell the idea of it being worn down in those spots; you could bake that into your alpha channel and just set it with $basemapalphaphongmask.

ethosaur

Sep 18, 2010
So...can't help but notice the texture is broken because you put the files inside /materials/ instead of /materials/models/. So I fixed that, and did a quick test.

My bad, still new to doing materials/props for TF2, I kind of lazily copied the vmt settings from some other model I dont really remember.

As for the weird phong reflections on the model, I believe its due to how most game engines work, by triangulating the mesh.
The bottom of the pot is getting triangulated, causing it to "split" up each segment into triangles that all converge into the middle point, though technically it all should be flat and not be visible, so I dont know why its reflecting like that, along with odd reflections on the sides (Weird normals maybe?)

I will try to push an update in a moment to address the some of the issues mentioned (file structure and removing phongmask reference)
I actually was trying to make one, but couldn't figure out how to do it quite right, and forgot to remove the vmt references for it before I uploaded.

ethosaur

Sep 18, 2010