Texture stretching, how do I fix it?

Greaser Dan :D

L1: Registered
Jul 4, 2009

How do I make the highlighted area's texture match the one above it? Clicking fit shrinks it vertically and stretches it horizontally.

If it helps, there is a tunnel I carved into the platform I'm trying to texture. Maybe that's got something to do with it?

Waif

L7: Fancy Member
Mar 22, 2009
Make sure the scale, (both X and Y) matches the above face, and also make sure the shift, (both X and Y) also matches the above face; and then they should line up.

Greaser Dan :D

L1: Registered
Jul 4, 2009
That doesn't seem to work, because the brown dirt at the bottom of the texture doesn't show up. The texture isn't stretched anymore though.

I seem to have fixed it. I set the texture shift Y to 250 and now the brown shows.

Last edited:

Hanz

Ravin' Rabbid
aa
Jan 18, 2009
I think you can also put your texture tool on "mode: lift+select". Then click the front side of the wall above the wall with the texture problem. After you clicked that wall (so not the wall with the texture problem), you holt 'Alt' and rightclick on the wall with the texture problem. I think they should have the same texture and scale now.

Apr 13, 2009
Select both faces, make sure you use the default scale (X: 0.25 Y: 0.25), tick 'treat as one' and align to bottom (Justify : B).