XEnderFaceX

F1 Fan
Aug 18, 2015
Suntown - Connect-5 Map

Suntown:
--------

Objective:
----------

Fight over the Controll over a small Town!
------------------------------------------

Basic information:
------------------

Map type: 5CP
File name: cp_suntown_a1
Developer(s): XEnderFaceX
Release Date: 26.03.2018

Map Info:
---------

Environment: Alpine, Industrial, Town
Setting: Daylight, sunny
Deep Water: No
Hazards: Enemy Players

Map Items:
----------

Healthpacks:

Full - 0
Medium - 6
Small - 2

Ammopacks:

Full - 4
Medium - 4
Small - 4

Thanks to:
----------

TF2 Emporium Vehicle Pack - Square
Team Colored No Entry Overlays - Glubbable

nᵗʰSonata

Takes way to long to make and update maps
aa
Jun 11, 2015
Hi! I ran around your map a bit, and these are my thoughts:

upload_2018-3-26_22-16-41.png

I was confused at first when this didn't open, as it seemed like it should; maybe have some indication that it opens after mid is capped? Also, the posts to the right of where I'm standing seem a bit weird; how did the bus get past them?

upload_2018-3-26_22-17-18.png

This slope seems a bit long; most stairways in TF2 have a slope of 2/3, so I'd suggest changing at least this one to that

upload_2018-3-26_22-22-6.png

I could stand right here without capping

upload_2018-3-26_22-24-19.png

This sightline is massive!

upload_2018-3-26_22-16-3.png
This is a pretty long dead end just for a full ammo kit; shorten the path, add a health kit with it, or add another entrance/exit to make it more interesting (I personally think a dropdown would be cool)

All in all, your map feels a bit linear and flat; I'd suggest adding some curves and vertical depth. Putting mid on a hill between 128 and 256 units tall would help the sightline a lot, too. I also feel like how the map is layed out, it would work well to take a 90 degree turn at second/fourth. I did enjoy the detailing, though, and the soundscapes. One suggestion I have detail-wise is to switch out the chain link fences for skyscrapers or other buildings, which would also allow you to create a flank by way of ally

XEnderFaceX

F1 Fan
Aug 18, 2015
Thank you for your Feedback!, the Chain Link fences will be replaced in later versions, they are just placeholders for now ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.