Great skybox bro,
i think i may use this for Garry's mod space build map :D
i couldn't find a decent sky-box texture for a space scene lol
awesome work bro! ;)

RetroNuva10

L1: Registered
Dec 9, 2014
Help

How do I use this for my map? (If you'll allow me :p) I've extracted the zip file into a folder called sky_skylb_01 that I created in the skybox folder in materials. (I had to make the skybox folder.. I'm assuming this is normal?) I typed in sky_skylab_01 in the SkyBox Texture Name area, made a light_environment, and adjusted the settings to fit what you explained in the post, but when I run the map, there isn't a skybox. It just does the texture repeating thing because there is no skybox. Please help? I would EXTREMELY love if you did, because this is pretty much the only space skybox online for TF2 mapping.

Cheers,
-Ben.

Pocket

Half a Lambert is better than one.
aa
Nov 14, 2009
I've extracted the zip file into a folder called sky_skylb_01 that I created in the skybox folder in materials.
This is where you went wrong; the files need to be dumped directly into /skybox/. The game will tack on the suffixes automatically.

MoonFox

L10: Glamorous Member
Mar 17, 2015
I just wanted to say: I'm using this on my first attempt on a pseudo Territory Control map. Its going to be used on a moonbase style of geometry