8E63A811E6625D6AE97890D76F833E2E0CD8E2F7

Download version 007:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2347130/portal/chambers/sp_aly_crushers007.bsp.bz2

Last edited:

tyler

aa
Sep 11, 2013
http://calcified.net/junk/yyler_crushers.dem

I think you'll notice something weird early on.

I liked this pretty well, though clearly my timing at the end was terrible. I'm glad it worked out anyway but at the same time I feel like I cheated

Just make it so that I can't hear EVERY CRUSHER from EVERY POINT ON THE MAP and it's good

Freyja

aa
Jul 31, 2009
That's not really a problem I can fix unforunately. it's a problem with ambient_generics I belive :(

Terr

Cranky Coder
aa
Jul 31, 2009
If it's a single-player map, perhaps you could use a series of triggering areas to change the volume of the entities?

If you could use soundscripts, then that would let you change the "attentuation" settings so that the sound "falls off" more quickly while remaining equally loud up close.

LeSwordfish

semi-trained quasi-professional
aa
Aug 8, 2010
I played it. Demo's some time.

It's really hard to see how the painting of the turret area is going unless you get the box first, it's very easy to accidentally trap yourself in a tractor beam whilst setting up that final fling, and about half the crushers are entirely nonsolid. There's also a lot of flinging into the unknown.

It was a fair bit of fun, despite all that complaining i just did. The new additions had me stumped for about long enough, even if there was some frustration with having to jump into the unknown and hope there was gel there.

LeSwordfish

semi-trained quasi-professional
aa
Aug 8, 2010
Yeah, but if you are skimming at full speed toward that final fling, and you're between two crushers, and you place a portal, and because you forgot to move your other one a tractor beam comes out, and you're suddenly drifting slowly backward, all momentum gone, still between two crushers, it's brown-trousers time.

Sep 1, 2009
Being evil I cheated and rotated the all the turrest 180 degrees :3

Zhan

L5: Dapper Member
Dec 18, 2010
Sorry, I forgot to record a demo. Everything was quite fun, but I think the last puzzle chamber could use a couple tweaks. It's possible to completely avoid having to deal with that first fizzler (on the rotating panel activated by a button) if you put the tractor beam right under the gel pipe. It's possible to kill the turrets with the tractor beam as well, whether or not this is intended.

Freyja

aa
Jul 31, 2009
Updated with a new version.

Completely revamped nearly the entire map, almost fully detailed it, added music, a secret room, proper panels, etc

Rotab

L1: Registered
Apr 18, 2008
What's the point with the tractor beam and lasers if you can just jump across the gap?