Resource icon

PL Rocksalt v7

Zipfinator99

L1: Registered
May 1, 2023
Zipfinator99 updated Rocksalt with a new update entry:

Rocksalt V6

V6
-Adjusted B upper doorway to block sniper sightline to the upper entrance from A
-Adjusted cover in B to reduce sniper sightlines from the upper catwalks
-Converted many upper wooden supports from func_brushes to models
-Reduced amount of upper wooden support areas in capture points A and B, and used resources saved to convert other func_brushes to func_details
-Removed a few Bot walkways to improve performance in points A and B
-Removed scripted moving bot setups from a few spots to...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Zipfinator99

May 1, 2023
Oh people crash a lot faster than that. Generally people start crashing as we get into B. This can take a few minutes the first time, but on rejoining I see people will crash almost immediately as we're still on B.
I released V6 with some major optimizations to the map overall. I am hoping the updates will stop crashing on lower end computers, but as usual if people are still crashing please let me know and I'll continue tweaking the level.

I adjusted B also to lessen Red sniper sightlines from the upper catwalks. The main central catwalk doesn't have a view of all 3 entrances anymore, so snipers will have to move around more instead of just standing in that one spot. If it's still feeling unbalanced I can keep tweaking to add more cover to a few spots.

MM1011

Apr 15, 2023
Hey, we just got finished with several rounds of v6.

First: crashing: seems to be much reduced. We had two people I saw have problems, one stopped having problems after rejoining, the other did not rejoin.

Secondily, B: the reduced sniper sightlines on B was a big improvement. Red's high ground advantage is still very difficult to assail though. Also, on the Red side going to A, a lot of people are hesitant to jump down and therefore get lost at the start of the map. Maybe add some more obvious directions and more than one path for red to jump down on?

i_forget_names

Apr 22, 2021
Hello, love the map so far, very interesting map design and fun to play.
I wanted to report that I noticed a small hole in the floor displacements near the cart origin, and should be visible from blu side.
Thanks a lot!

Zipfinator99

May 1, 2023
Hello, love the map so far, very interesting map design and fun to play.
I wanted to report that I noticed a small hole in the floor displacements near the cart origin, and should be visible from blu side.
Thanks a lot!
Thanks for the report! I'll fix it soon and try to do a few other tweaks for V7 over the next few days.