PC

Wilson

Boomer by Sleep
aa
May 4, 2010
I liked the map, i liked it a lot!
One thing tough.

The problem was that point was too easy to hold, team that first cap it, won the round.
The problem is that boxes around point give a lot cover for defenders. It wouldn't really be problem if the people capping point weren't already exposed to large amount of height difference for people trying to defend point. I suggest tweaking those boxes a bit or removing them all together.

Also there is some clipping issues on doorways around point.

Rikka

L5: Dapper Member
Feb 10, 2009
One thing I didn't like was that I found it hard to tell exactly where a point was going to approximately let me out. I think part of a smooth layout is that while you might not know exactly where a path takes you, you have a good guess where you'll end.

Pc_Madness

L4: Comfortable Member
Aug 31, 2009
One thing I didn't like was that I found it hard to tell exactly where a point was going to approximately let me out. I think part of a smooth layout is that while you might not know exactly where a path takes you, you have a good guess where you'll end.

Yeah, I noticed this as well, which is actually why the route which goes underground has a sign near the entrance telling people to go the other way, its the long route and I didn't want people getting all "GRRR!" about it thinking that was the only way. :p Its also the reason why I flipped the spawns from A3, I noticed as everyone left spawn, they went for the stairs, which lead to the long route at that point.

What I might do with the underground bit is move the ramps so that they're at the end of the tunnels to hopefully cut out abit of travel time. I didn't want people firing from one end of the tunnel to the other, which is why that little ramp room is there. :p

My other change is to connect up the middle route and the route to the high ground with some stairs. At the moment if you pick the wrong route you have to continue as changing to the other route takes to much time.

The problem was that point was too easy to hold, team that first cap it, won the round.
The problem is that boxes around point give a lot cover for defenders. It wouldn't really be problem if the people capping point weren't already exposed to large amount of height difference for people trying to defend point. I suggest tweaking those boxes a bit or removing them all together.

Also there is some clipping issues on doorways around point.

Cheers Wilson. :) I'll have a think about that. As for the clipping, I think the only thing clipped so far in the map is the stairs, but I'll get started on that for A5. :p

Image 1: I got stuck trying to run through there. Open it up a little bit more.
Image 2: You have a packing issue with your map. No idea what you use to pack what custom files, but if you use VIDE: stop using it. It breaks maps.

Apart from that, bulletclip your fences. Right now sentries can shoot through them but players can't, wich makes some parts a bit too overpowered.

1. Will do.
2. Gah! Its the swamp tiled floor texture, I didn't even realise I was using it. :( I'm gunna do a Blu Badwater style spawn instead I think for that room, so shouldn't matter for A5.
3. By bullet clip you mean player clip? I've clipped a bunch of handrails manually, but I noticed the ones on the point and the curved ones aren't, I'll be sure to fix that for A5. :)

First, this doesn't need much explaining as it does puzzling, unless you know why this happened:

Second on the list, I thought this wasn't clipped in the back

Finally, I would open at least one of these windows so that players can get something of a drop on those already in the tunnel

1. I think thats just a missing texture right? I've never seen maps show those white lines before when a texture isn't there however. Its supposed to be the Swamp tiled floor texture.
2. It wasn't originally, but it was possible to get stuck behind there, so I clipped it all off. :p I'll try and fix that when I resize the tunnel.
3. Great idea. :)

Cheers all. :)

Last edited: