koth_redwood

KotH koth_redwood a2f

MayaMogus

L2: Junior Member
Dec 9, 2023
MayaMogus submitted a new resource:

koth_redwood - My first map i've published :)

koth_redwood is my first proper map thats not a box and a train

(This isnt added yet but enjoy the lore/mechanics concept)
Blutarch and Redmond both want to own the worlds biggest tree, capping the control point will cause your teams axe to swing, and eventually chop the redwood down.

Read more about this resource...

Average Tiddy Goth GF

L1: Registered
Nov 5, 2019
Hi

To start; This is a mighty fine first map, it's very spacious but without becoming a sniper-sightline-salsa and offers some good verticality while not leaving the other mercs in the dust.

I did stumble into 2 problems;

1:The spawn doors seem to be placed a little bit janky and only block projectiles/hitscan in the middle, allowing them to pass through one these side-parts indicated. This goes for both spawn doors.
1.JPG

Addendum 1.a;
2.JPG

2: I was fairly easily able to get on top of the invisible walls that line the perimeter of your map with a crouched-double sticky jump and could furthermore entirely clear them to wander around outside said invisible walls. Same thing applies for the buildings inside the map (see Addendum 2.a).
3.JPG

Addendum 2.a;
4.JPG

Overall; I like the way you've designed this map, nothing feels too cramped or too open, sightlines are reasonably contained and the middle point feels quite alright in it's dimensions. A first map well crafted!