koth_byramid

KotH koth_byramid v2

BOEN

L1: Registered
Sep 20, 2009
koth_byramid - A fast-paced egypt-themed KOTH with doors that open and close to give attackers an edge

Hey everyone! This is my first king of the hill map! I started this map way way back when they first added king of the hill as a gamemode. I felt the cap speed was way too slow on stock KOTH maps, so I wanted to show the proper way to do it. I never actually finished the map up until just recently though. I think it actually plays pretty well!

Features several doorways on both sides that open and close depending on who has the point, to theoretically give the attackers an advantage and make them more easily able to take the point themselves, leading to lots of fun back-and-forth gameplay.

The more recent stage of making this map mainly centered on fixing up the missing areas (mainly the spawn rooms) and optimizing the map for performance. The spawnrooms are a bit barren as result but they are functional and I think the main focus of the map looks pretty good so I'm quite happy with it overall.

20201221084053_1.jpg
20201221084056_1.jpg
20201221084058_1.jpg
20201221084059_1.jpg
20201221084100_1.jpg

dochalkos

L1: Registered
Nov 2, 2020
more like koth_based
really fun map, rounds are fast and energetic, the tunnels are fun to get squashed in, the drop down is great. I don't use the tunnels too much b/c its so easy to get squashed so a longer cap time might help with that, but the near-instant cap atm is so much fun I don't want to suggest changing it too much if at all. Also I already mentioned this but having some team-colored obelisks outside raise and lower like the tunnel floors to further indicate the change would be cool. You could probably use textures from freyjas egyptian assets pack for the red obelisk and then recolor it for the blue one (the pack might have blue ones idk)