koth_bobville (name in progress)

KotH koth_bobville (name in progress) a2

YOYOYO

41 crashes and counting
aa
Jul 10, 2017
Took a look around, and you've got a couple little problems to fix, all mostly logic stuff, so here goes!
Alright couple of things in this image here:
koth_bobville_a10000.jpg

I'm a red player looking at blue spawn, but there's no way to really know this since all the walls are white. I would use the "blue dev" texture every so often (especially on the spawn itself) so people don't get lost on which side they're on.
And the elephant in the room, theres a trigger block! that's supposed to be invisible, so you most likely haven't turned it into an entity. The block itself is only as large as the doorway, So I'm not entirely sure what it is supposed to be.

Looking back on the red spawn:

koth_bobville_a10001.jpg

No trigger block! but also no doors, visualizers, and other entities that commonly go with spawn rooms.

For this (if you haven't already) I would check out Crash's video series, particularly the spawnroom and door videos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdpTT2pqIVY&list=PL2KT0JL74Qff_c1WbqNi4K5yAmpWAUQlq
Even if you've seen it, doesn't help to watch twice, I myself have rewatched countless times. I would also suggest watching through the "gameplay theory" episode, especially since it focusses on Koth! You have nice height around the point, but other wise the map is open and very square. Some new flanks and cover could help!

If you ever stumble on a problem you don't know how to solve, I suggest joining the DIscord, people are available ~24/7, and love helping people with their projects.

That's all I could see in the first playthrough, Can't see what you change for the Next update!

hudsonstrub

L1: Registered
Dec 24, 2023
Sent out an update that fixes the spawnroom-related issues! Thanks so much for playing!

That trigger entity is the func_respawnroomvisualizer, but I forgot to texture it (sorry lmao)

Also in the new update, there are a lot more team colors, but still probably not enough while I work out some sort of flank route.

Once again thank you for playing! Have a great day!