Ironside

CP Ironside a15

Inqwel

L6: Sharp Member
Jun 2, 2008
I looked into that when I saw it in game day (which is me making that !fb I just noticed in the pic). There are two textures in the same spot. One the ceiling, another, the same size, is the 3d sky.

Thanks for the tip on the doors, I will figure something out to make it better next time.

Honestly, there's still confusing on the map, besides distances. We reduced A by another 64 or 128 (I have to get the word from Goo on that, but honestly, I fell my efforts are going to waste on detailing.

We had the Hampsire Heavies pick up the map for a test... with both game day and the imp from HH, the layout is still "confusing" in certain areas. May either need more signs, moved signs, or updated layout for few areas

Inqwel

Jun 2, 2008
Unfortunately GooGuGaJoob has been rather busy as of late and has not been able to work on the map. After giving him the appropriate time, I ended up working on this edition of the map alone.

If things go wrong, you can blame me.

Download:
http://forums.tf2maps.net/downloads.php?do=file&id=6238

List of changes for a15:
- Lowered C's window.
- Reduced width of support beams at C, to give snipers some more space.
- Changed the battlement height outside of B for Red (so players can get back in window).
- Changed time when door opens for the C to B area (now after cap A).
- Added and changed doors for the C to A area. They start all open, but close after cap point focus changes. They also have signs to help direct confused players.
- All of the brushwork at B had a major redoing.
- Moved Blu forward spawn to cap B.
- changed out the layout of the cap building at B
- Removed the bridge at B that no one was using.
- Removed stairs near at B for the the C to A shortcut door.
- Removed some clutter for B mid area.
- Redone all brushwork for the A to B area.
- Redone A, moved cap point
- Remade blu spawn with forward spawn points after cap A
- Decreased the normal size of Area A overall
- Added flanking routes to Cap A
- Attempted to make capture point more obvious
- Added Death Train to Cap A.

Screenshots:
2015-06-24_00009_zpsshgdsiah.jpg

2015-06-24_00007_zpsmcjvhqwg.jpg

2015-06-24_00006_zpswprcpbb1.jpg

2015-06-24_00008_zpsiyivjnin.jpg

2015-06-24_00010_zps4hgpkska.jpg

Inqwel

Jun 2, 2008
I was just informed as of yesterday that Googoogajuu will no longer be working on this map.
He's a busy fellow, and wanted to completely change the map back a version, unhappy with any changes to the map that I made with Ironside a15. I gave him the time to work on it, fix it up how he wanted and envisioned it. However he has now quit mapping all together.

I may be looking for someone to help take on the project to wrap it up.

A15's problems were mostly control point A