Hot & Cold - Detailing Contest 2023 [VOTING]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Undercover Fish

L1: Registered
Nov 16, 2014
MAPSCORENOTES
a freakin' knight
A good showcase of how a reveal is done.
Anderpan
Decent work that is obfuscated by a lack of focus.
August101
Basic brushwork cannot carry a decent idea. Feels barren.
CriticalFeesh
Sparse, barren, feels utterly unfinished.
Dasprucegoose
Borderline masterwork with detail and progression of environment caused by player.
DrSquishy
Very little, but what is there is well done and attended to.
Emil_Rusboi
Masterful work of displacements. Usage of light texture on buildings is smart, and has a neat suggestion of story. Skybox is too obvious.
fiend
Uninteresting. Mostly brushwork, and that brushwork is barren, blocky, and repetitive. No skybox or attempt to hide such.
Freyja
An obsessive attention to detail and vertical split makes me sad this isn't a playable map.
GuardianAngel
An adorable showcase with several gags and ideas that had me grinning through the whole exploration, wrapped in a cozy exterior.
KrazyZark
A very interesting theme with smart usage of models and sounds to sell the atmosphere.
Mattie
A home-ey setting that feels like a loveletter to a fictional place, gives way to a loveletter-goodbye of a fictional home.
Phe
A thoughtful recreation of the "Meet The Pyro" set that, although is quality, offers little beyond its base premise.
Puxorb
A good idea and clashing themes around a central piece with a clear path. Does nothing new, but doesn't need to.
Ray Is Sucky
I may be a sucker for Incredibles-esque design, but it works well here. Bonus poiunts for evil villain desk trapdoor.
Rhamkin
This is not Hot & Cold. This is Santorini. And even what is here is made of basic brushwork beyond what you can walk in.
Seacat08
A decent interior spytech theme is let down by an exterior with poor lighting, fog and skybox choices, and an over-reliance on brushwork. Jesus, one of the snowflake decorations was carved.
WinterWiz
A good exercise in doing detailing with gameplay in mind. Just enough, and not so much to occlude the playspace.

For my first time scoring a competition, this absolutely had some knockouts. Hope I'm not too late.

Pdan4

Still trying to add
aa
Nov 25, 2013
MAPTHEMESCORE
a freakin' knightHot & Cold81
AnderpanCold62
August101Cold86
CriticalFeeshCold4
DasprucegooseHot & Cold99
DrSquishyHot & Cold72
Emil_RusboiHot91