Help with doors

SpaceBuggy

L1: Registered
Mar 1, 2024
I'm brand new to using Hammer and I've been working on a silly first map to learn some basics, and I've been trying to make some spawn room doors. I've got it working so that only blu team can use the door, but even though the model opens I can't actually get through the door. I haven't found any issues in Hammer using alt+p and Interloper hasn't found any compiling errors. I think it has to be an issue with the func_door or prop_dynamic but I'm not sure how to fix it. Any help would be really appreciated.

asylum

L2: Junior Member
Mar 3, 2024
99% of the time it'll be some really dumb thing that you swear to Tezcatlipoca you changed but for some incomprehensible deus ex bullshit it turns out you didn't. Happens to the best of us. And me too, occasionally

check your team filter entity, and make sure it's name and team setting match up with whatever door it is you're trying to restrict/activate.

SpaceBuggy

L1: Registered
Mar 1, 2024
99% of the time it'll be some really dumb thing that you swear to Tezcatlipoca you changed but for some incomprehensible deus ex bullshit it turns out you didn't. Happens to the best of us. And me too, occasionally

check your team filter entity, and make sure it's name and team setting match up with whatever door it is you're trying to restrict/activate.
I was convinced I somehow did that and just wasn't seeing it! But I ended up finding the issue and there was a very thin no draw panel in the door that I didn't even place. I couldn't see it until I moved the door out of the way since I thought I wouldn't be using it.