Custom Vscript gamemode Commission for $

skizmo

L1: Registered
Jul 21, 2024
I call it "ClassLander"
Basically it is class wars with a highlander finish.
This is a custom TF2 mode where there are ten rounds. The first nine being a Team-based single class kill contest with only 3 lives each round. So for example, the first round both teams are all spawned as Scouts and they fight for the most frags, then they have a round of soldier only, etc. While the first nine rounds will end with one side defeating the other the main reason is to get top placement so you can be chosen to play in the last round that wins it all. Who ever scores highest on each class round will play it out in a 9-Vs-9 Highlander round where everyone has 3 lives and each team battles for glory. This should be all action with no respawn timers.

The hardest thing to implement is the logic that dictates how the class placement goes because people can get 1st in multiple class rounds. The Nice solution would be that they would be able to pick which class they get to play and then the other class goes to the next in rank. The Easy solution is to just make it random but you would still use the ranking system for whos next. This gamemode also requires at least 9-Vs-9 players so bot support would be crucial. This Should be playable on KOTH maps with the CP becoming active after ~2 minutes.

There are two main ways to play this I think. One were you have everyone be able to change their loadout to whatever they desire. The other being everyone spawns with the same random loadout. (the last I think being I would prefer)

How possible would be able to do create this with Vscript? If so would it have to be baked into the map itself or is there anyway to make a custom Vscript gamemode with just the scripts? (This is the preferred way because it unlocks so many different maps)
I am very interested in making this idea a reality and so I am willing to give $500 Dollars to someone if they can whip this up so I can use it on a server I run!

Orca

L1: Registered
Mar 2, 2021
I've worked on a few custom vscript gamemodes and this seems doable. Let me know if you are still interested in commissioning this.