CP_Hill [beta 1]

mattmeer

L1: Registered
Aug 23, 2010
Hill (CP)

Hill is a 5 capture points based map.
I was inspired by maps like badlands and yukon.
It is mainly an outdoor map with different heights,
with the capture points in small buildings.
There are various routes to attack each point.

Screenshots

Layout

Known issues:
There are some small issues with lighting in this beta and optimalization could be improved.

Last edited:

mattmeer

Aug 23, 2010
You mean the viewing distance?
It's not always as bad as it looks in these screenshots, the bumps in the terrain keeps you from looking far

Ah, you mean the overview. Are there more people who dislike it?

Last edited:

Mr. P. Kiwi

L5: Dapper Member
Nov 22, 2009
This map looks really nice!
The sightlines are not VERY bad, as long as there's an alternative way to get to the objective. (Yukon is a great example for that).
Except for the 3D skybox alpine trees, the detailing is very nice - for this stage of development.
Keep up the great work!

red_flame586

L420: High Member
Apr 19, 2009
looks nice, sightlines may be a problem but at least there are side routes, though i think some of them might need something to break them up a bit. Looks nice with some good class balance and with a bit more detailing in some areas, it might look even better. anyway, i'd suggest putting this up for game day, i'd love to have a run around

mattmeer

Aug 23, 2010
Thanks for the feedback.
The map looks like it's pretty flat/even level judging from the overview, but that's really not the case I think.
The terrain itself is quite bumpy and the hills alter the sightlines quite a bit:D

Maybe I should update the overview picture or screenshots to reflect this?
What do you guys think?

Last edited:

mattmeer

Aug 23, 2010
Updated screenshots to show the bumps in the terrain better, included a top down layout screenshot aswell.