Carbon

pl

L5: Dapper Member
Mar 6, 2009
Hi everyone,

This is my very first map for Team Fortress 2, a Capture the Intel map I have been working on over the timespan of about 3 weeks now. The layout of this map is inspired by two Valve CTF maps, 2Fort and Turbine. The interior being inspired by Turbine and the exterior by 2Fort.

This map is intended to be played with fairly large teams, otherwise capturing the intelligence can just sometimes get boring. Well I guess it's like that with a lot of CTF maps.

Unfortunately I haven't done much texturing or any of that type of stuff yet, so most of the map is in dev textures. Apologies for that! I'm really at the testing stage, at the moment.
I've been working on the outdoor area, because I wanted to make sure that I am able to make some large buildings with the appropriate textures :unsure:

Now this map is in Alpha 2, so here is what has happened since the first Alpha:

- More signs to help you navigate the map better
- There's now a new left-gate intel room pathway. I wasn't very happy with the original one
- Some other minor changes

I would greatly appreciate feedback towards the gameplay aspect, since I'm really stuck on what I should be doing. There's a screenshot of the layout if that would help. It's the third picture.

Thank you, Phil

Last edited by a moderator: