Beginner's Issues with Hammer

E-85

L1: Registered
Apr 9, 2022
Hello, so I recently started working on my own maps for TF2 and was following along UEAKCrash's tutorials but ran into two weird issues:

1) How come the ammo pack and medkit aren't spinning like his were in the top left view? Obviously you can't see them not spinning, but I can assure you they're just standing there.
image_2022-04-09_081411091.png

2) Why aren't any models from the abs_proplibrary maps not showing up at all until I get super close to them, and even when I do, sometimes they won't even show up at all?
image_2022-04-09_081721705.png

GigaBite

L2: Junior Member
Jan 28, 2022
Hey,
The reason why the props are not appearing until you get really close to them is because of the default settings in hammer editor. The "model render distance" is too short to see the props from far away. To increase to model render distance, go to the top of the menu ribbon, where you have 'file' 'edit' and so on, click on: tools>options>3D Views>model render distance, then use the slider to increase how far away a model will appear.
As for why the pickups are not rotating, in the same window (3D views) click the checkbox that says "animate models".
I think these solutions should solve the problems you're having.