WiP in WiP, post your screenshots!

Seba

DR. BIG FUCKER, PHD
aa
Jun 9, 2009
Void: not a fan of the honeycomb design. Plain blue with horizontal lines, maybe?

Mr. Happy: I'm not gonna lie, those panel textures look just plain bad and the last three pics seem to be nothing but propspam.

lana

Currently On: ?????
aa
Sep 28, 2009
IMO I'd make the dispenser tanks gray-ish.

Last edited:

sniprpenguin

L6: Sharp Member
Mar 14, 2008
At least go with no chimney-thingies on the engines. Looks like you just copied and rotated a second cart into the first.

Fruity Snacks

Creator of blackholes & memes. Destroyer of forums
aa
Sep 5, 2010
xblnig.png

Errr... Hi!

I'm a new guy. This is my current pre-alpha-super-in-dev WiP for a CTF map (I'm thinking 2 flag CTF, though, 1 flag may work)...

Lots of orange, no real name yet for it.

It will be a snow themed map set in a train-yard, moving trains included to appease the train gods.

Unseen on map is behind the sky boxes there is ramps to a tunnel which will hold a raft that the teams take the capped flag to.

Plan to add more cover to break up the line of sight from up top (I have been reading some other threads I know a bit about what is needed to make it balanced.)...

'Nuff talking from me.

Trash the map if you must.

Also, how does one set up the camera views to get the ingame- shots?

-If not in right place just yell at me. It'll be moved-

Bermuda Cake

L9: Fashionable Member
Feb 20, 2009
looks pretty good for a first map.
When you're making displacements, though, you only have to select the side that the players will see. It looks like you've selected all the sides, not just the top. You can select one at a time by using the texture browser and just clicking on one side

Seba

DR. BIG FUCKER, PHD
aa
Jun 9, 2009
Also, it seems like you're using the wrong dev texture; instead of the one with player height on it, use one that just says Wall 128x128.

T

The Asylum

Also, how does one set up the camera views to get the ingame- shots?

You mean fixed viewpoints like places where dead players/spectators can see what's happening? For those you need an info_observer_point entity

Fruity Snacks

aa
Sep 5, 2010
Ah, thanks.

I have the skybox set up, except it says that it can't find the file for the texture(s), I'm working on a solution to remedy this. There are still a few leaks too that don't seem to want to show up anywhere. But one thing at a time.

I would post a screeny of my current progress ingame, but whenever i take a shot it just comes out as the valve loadup screen (guy with facet in head)...

I hope to use this map possibly in my schools server rotation (when it gets set up)

Seba

DR. BIG FUCKER, PHD
aa
Jun 9, 2009
Is that for the skybox texture? If so, don't worry about it; it's a bug found in pretty much every map that uses Valve skies. Focus on the leaks.

What do you use to take screenshots? If not F5, type 'bind f5 jpeg' in console and get your screenshots from the tf/screenshots folder.

Fruity Snacks

aa
Sep 5, 2010
The issue with the skybox texture is that when i compile, it says it can't be found, and thus not loaded, but when I go ingame, its there, just a little glitchy. and they skybox 1/16th model i have set up for the 3d aspect, it ignores the skybox i have set up around it and just show in the sky the bottom of my map >.<.

Void

Local Man Unable To Map, Sources Say
aa
Sep 14, 2008
Laying down some more base design work for this Tachyon Emitter's base...

25gqlw6.jpg