Tf2 Water with no drowning Effect

Capybara Maps

L1: Registered
Jan 12, 2023
Hello all.
So I got back into Hammer a little bit (use Hammer ++ for this).

I want to create a map where the drowning damage stays away from the water, that you can stay underwater infinitely long.
I first used Trigger_Hurt for this, which is satisfactory but not perfect, as the player still takes damage.

Now I tried it with the Filter_Damage_Type but slowly I bite my teeth out of it...

The Fall Damage to tame it is no problem, but the water happens as good as nothing...

Have applied the following structures:
Filter_Damage_Type (Name: Flt_Drown) : Filter Mode: Disallow / Damage Type: DROWN

Trigger_Multiple (Name: TM_Damage_Drown): Output: OnTrigger-!activator- SetDamageFilter- Flt_Drown

If anyone has an idea why this does not work, I would be very grateful.

Attachments

• help.png
    help.png
    311.7 KB · Views: 42
Solution
There's a much simpler way to turn off drowning - all you need to do is put a logic_timer in your map with a refire time of around 3 seconds, then give it this output:
1673543102829.png

Tiftid

the Embodiment of Scarlet Devil
aa
Sep 10, 2016
There's a much simpler way to turn off drowning - all you need to do is put a logic_timer in your map with a refire time of around 3 seconds, then give it this output:
1673543102829.png

Solution

Capybara Maps

L1: Registered
Jan 12, 2023
Hi, thx for the message

tried it but it doesn't work - the output is not executed / the arrow symbol at the bottom left is crossed out...

*NEVERMIND, IT WORKED!! (i forgot to put a ! before the "player") THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!! No rly, you have no idea how long ive been trying to achieve this!

Last edited: