Ravine (VSH)

VSH Ravine (VSH) V6

dabmasterars

L3: Member
Mar 20, 2023
dabmasterars submitted a new resource:

Ravine (VSH) - A Versus Saxton Hale version of a forgotten Valve arena map.

DESCRIPTION
Seeing the VSH version of Nucleus inspired me to do an alternate version of another arena map - Ravine.

VERSUS SAXTON HALE FEATURES
Since the gamemode became official not too long ago, I will teach you the basics:
Red team is fighting against Saxton Hale - a buff ex-CEO of Mann Co. He has incredibly high health, mobility and damage. His fist can oneshot 7 out of the 9 classes, but he does not have any ranged weapons, forcing Saxton to be close and personal. You...

Read more about this resource...

Katsu! :3

Veteran Cat
aa
Jul 30, 2021
So what changed, layout-wise, between the Arena version of Ravine and this new VSH version?

dabmasterars

Mar 20, 2023
So what changed, layout-wise, between the Arena version of Ravine and this new VSH version?
nothing major, i just gave access to some previously out of bounds areas, removed some player clips for more freedom (you can stand on some roofs now), changed some decoration to be neutral colored instead of team colored, added a spawn for saxton and optimized some stuff.

normally, these out of bounds areas will be difficult to traverse by most players, but since saxton can jump so high and all classes can melee climb, i decided to open them with little changes.

edit: i also placed extra health and ammo packs

dabmasterars

Mar 20, 2023
dabmasterars updated Ravine (VSH) with a new update entry:

Version 6

the playtest was good. i especially liked the feedback round when everyone went to the saxton spawn and tried to decipher the russian meme xD
  • added more pickups
  • adjusted some pickups
  • adjusted pallet props (can now be used as a ramp)
  • adjusted player clips
  • roof near saxton spawn is now climbable
  • optimized lightmaps
  • added a hint about melee climbing

Read the rest of this update entry...