if you need the intel, just tell me :)

uhm
i made the skybox with terragen, so this was my start:
3600445740_2b03cec210_o.jpg

i use photoshop and mah intuos3 to make it more cartoony

SuperNerd

L2: Junior Member
May 13, 2009
Dmn good skybox, If only I could make one like that...

Aug 19, 2008
Another Day, Another Update...

i´ve decided to make my own cap-points, so they fit the size of the captrigger i intend to use...
i would have used shmitz´s one, but the part sticking out collides with the player, hence might hinder a fast attack :/
to amplify the nervous type of gameplay, the cappoints are flashing
i think i will tweak the frequency of the lights, but i got it working

the caps come in neutral/red/blu

3601638034_5f7338acd1_o.jpg

3600825559_63e7a2748d_o.jpg

plus a vid :p
HD Available!!!!1111!!!1!1 :)
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCaS7nndi2c"]YouTube - ctf_premuda_capzone_test[/ame]

Last edited:
Aug 19, 2008
as long as it´s just geometry, it pretty easy. you certainly wouldn´t have a problem getting things done fast.
the most annoying part is the unwrapping and, like in this case, getting multiple textures and animations to work. this baby has cost me a whole day :)

Aug 19, 2008
@Arnold
no photoshopfilters have been used in the skybox, the clouds are edited by hand to look that cartoony... as said, still wip, the colors are too intesive atm, i just need to finish up painting the clouds, then color correction etc.....

@TDSOYS
the guy with the custom overload? :p

Mar

Banned
Feb 12, 2009
My question is, when you gonna release all those crazy models and skyboxes and textures! And the giant vault door for cashworks.

Aug 19, 2008
the vault will be released with rc2, so coming weekend
shipping with 4 skins (2 red/2 blu) and sound

i already released the custom lumberyard logos

everything i´ve done now for premuda will be released as soon as i regard it final and it has premiered with my map :)

Mar

Banned
Feb 12, 2009
Lovely! Also, thank god those cap points do go at a near seizure rate. From that first pic I thought they'd go from red to blu to white to red.

On that note it seems dm_cyperpunk is due for an update.

Ezekel

L11: Posh Member
Dec 16, 2008
i applaud the idea of a dispenser on the "flag" for this style of gamemode. it'll encourage teamwork, as the attacking team will stick closer to the intel carrier instead of all running off their seperate ways.
- just like the dispenser on the payload bomb cart encourages people to stay near the cart

although, on the flip side this may let medics attempt to rambo the points (intel healing, natural medic healing and blutsauger combined)

oh... another thought: engineers might abuse this to be able to setup sentrys literally anywhere as they'll have an infinite metal source on to make use of.

Aug 19, 2008
although, on the flip side this may let medics attempt to rambo the points (intel healing, natural medic healing and blutsauger combined)

oh... another thought: engineers might abuse this to be able to setup sentrys literally anywhere as they'll have an infinite metal source on to make use of.

both would be valid tactics for blu, but the dispenser healing rate is not enough to survive an attack on the main point rambostyle :)

we´ll see :)
i hope the "sticking together" plays out well and results ín more focused attacks as well as players seeking the intel as mean of help and not as burden

Mar

Banned
Feb 12, 2009
Much better. Looks alot less like a depressed, rainy backdrop. I found your first environment to be a bit of a downer on the soul.

Mar

Banned
Feb 12, 2009