London

KotH London a2

Seba

DR. BIG FUCKER, PHD
aa
Jun 9, 2009
But since it's the 1960's they also put aside the Demoman.

Last edited:

Yacan1

D I G I T A L I N F L U E N C E R
aa
Nov 7, 2010
This looks cool except, usually with night themed tf2 maps, or valve games in general, light is a directional marker or a place to go that's safe. So while I do think the street lamps are a cool idea, I think that it could lead to a small amount of confusion. The map is pretty small so I think that would be a rare happening.

Fruity Snacks

Creator of blackholes & memes. Destroyer of forums
aa
Sep 5, 2010
You can use a night map and not sacrifice the benefits of a lighter map. If you have your overall light source, that will create more-or-less a flat plane of light for vision (ie, the street lamps). Then, using of point_spot and light_spots you can point out entrances/exits and highlight more important features if your a bit creative with your lighting.

Also, subtle adjustments in the lighting color can help too. Those street lamps should eventually give off a bit of a yellow light (like a brown bulb) where as a spot light would be more closer to white. When the white is shown on the yellow, it'll easily highlight whatever is needed.

Last edited:

Mr.Blob

L8: Fancy Shmancy Member
Jun 12, 2009
Yeah if you actually look at Pipeline, very little of the game play areas are actually dark. :>

Pocket

Half a Lambert is better than one.
aa
Nov 14, 2009
We're making massive changes for A2, based on feedback, including a whole new CP, spawns, and:

dq5ee.png

Britishness

I see sharpening seams.

Pocket

Half a Lambert is better than one.
aa
Nov 14, 2009
Not enough London fog.

Psy

The Imp Queen
aa
Apr 9, 2008
Now it's super obvious that the buildings in the background are 2D fakery.