L12: Fabulous Member
Dec 10, 2008
the wood on the building in the second pic looks weird

Waif

L7: Fancy Member
Mar 22, 2009
Yeah looks real nice (love the sky), as owl said, diagonal wood looks weird :p

Sep 12, 2008
Thanks for the joining special playtest all! Comments about the map?
Things about to change:
- setupgates for stage one
- end of stage three
- will try to fix the payload cart bug thing where the carts can get stuck in the middle of s1

I'll try to get A6 ready by tomorrow!

Sep 12, 2008
Update! Alpha 6 released!
Changelog:
- setupgates for stage one
- detailed a part of stage three
- changed end of stage three
- modified the 3D-skybox a bit
- changed lighting on some places
- some small tweaks in stage 2
- players are now able to jump over the setup bridge thing in stage one and two when setup is over.

DOWNLOAD - http://forums.tf2maps.net/downloads.php?do=file&id=2294

Enjoy! :)

Hellfire

L9: Fashionable Member
Jul 9, 2008
So did I. That's why we are called "community" btw

Tinker

aa
Oct 30, 2008
I'm guessing I'm too late with this, but still, some remarks:

I think it's stage two that feels really unfocused. The cart tracks go off in opposite directions, making it a race instead of a battle for who wins. Force the teams somehow to collide somewhere.

Stage one and three were really fun, except obviously the cart getting stuck, but it was all good.

Tinker

aa
Oct 30, 2008
Alright, the above comment still stands. Other than that:

- Stage 1 needs the gap above the WATCH YOUR STEP sign closed
- I'm not sure what you're going to do with stage 3's final cap? The pit in the end was fun, you could make it so it's a huge pit á la Frontier that kills people, not accessible. That is, if you don't have any other plans.
- Stage 1 has a side entrance going to the exact middle of the tracks (where the starting gate is), but you have to jump to really get on the track. Would be nice if the ground is raised a little/playerclipped so you can go on smoothly.

Owlruler

L12: Fabulous Member
Dec 10, 2008
I was able to skip the gates as a demo by jumping around the edge of the map. maby you should playerclip the edge?

Jindo

L3: Member
Aug 6, 2009
Very fun map, a few things I'd like to point out (most/all of which was said in-game):

First Stage: I'm glad that the spawn gates are added, as you know there were still issues with snipers shooting through a small gap and demos/soldiers being able to rocket jump or fire pipe grenades over the roof above the crossing, and I know you're planning on fixing this.

There was also still the possible issue (which happened on my last playtest) where the two carts collided in the centre and got stuck, again I know you're aware of this and plan on fixing it :).

No major game play issues or glitches besides those in the first stage.

---

Second Stage: I know you disagree, or that maybe I'm looking in the wrong places, but the quickest route from the spawn to the final point on this stage is noticeably more distanced compared to other PLR maps I've played. In other maps (and in stage 1), I'm able to get straight out of my spawn and attempt to stop the opposing team from capturing. But in stage 2, from what I've seen, there is no quick and easy way for classes (besides jumping of kinds) to get to the final point and defend. If one team is pushing the cart close to the end and you've just spawned, there is almost nothing you can do on this stage except hope that your team mates can bide you time.

Again, this was the only major flaw to me, it was an interesting stage and played out very nicely.

---

Third Stage: I was devastated to find that the pit and the explosion had both been removed. I really hope you reconsider the pit and perhaps think of a way to balance the game-play out at this last part (since if I recall correctly, this was why you removed it), the pit was a great addition to this stage, without it I feel that the ending to the map is somewhat anti-climactic and unrewarding to the winner team.

---

But as before, very nice map, great game-play for the most part, and I look forward to testing future improvements and hopefully seeing it finished :).

Tinker

aa
Oct 30, 2008
What I'd like to suggest for stage 2 is to switch where the track goes for both teams. So, BLU would win the round by pushing the cart to the spot where RED now ends, and vice versa. That way, the teams are forced to cross paths and the point is closer to the enemy's spawn.

Hellfire

L9: Fashionable Member
Jul 9, 2008
i rly like stage2 as it is now. its easy to get from spawn to the end of enemy tracks, soo i hope this wont change

Sep 12, 2008
Thanks Zanpa!
Currently I'm "trying" to record some voices, to make it look like they're coming out of the box ingame. Suggestions on voicelines I should record?

Zanpa

L4: Comfortable Member
Jan 17, 2009
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yavx9yxTrsw"]YouTube - FOAR EVERYWUN FRUM BOXXY[/ame]