Devil's Cornfield

Devil's Cornfield - plr_cornfield C1

Hanz

Ravin' Rabbid
aa
Jan 18, 2009
Excuse me that I spawncamped in red spawn, stage 3, I won't do it again in your map or another.

Beside that, I really want to see the first stage + a full detailled map. :)

Oh yeah, I didn't told you this in the steam chat: Please clip the bridge at stage 3 (with the medium health kit on), it's very small to walk over it, and I got stuck everytime I hitted the side things (with those metal things covered). ;)

Terr

Cranky Coder
aa
Jul 31, 2009
  • Second stage: There were some sight-length issues. When you're down in the pit-area, there's actually a visible "black fog" effect looking back towards the spawns.
  • Second stage: I'm not generally a fan of two spawns facing each other that way. Maybe a short wall between the two carts?
  • First stage: Needs to be easier to get from spawn to the enemy finish-line to defend it.
  • Spawn issues, as mentioned.
  • Final stage "tracks in midair" difficult to follow.

Other than that, it plays pretty briskly with plenty of side paths :)

Psy

The Imp Queen
aa
Apr 9, 2008
Just to clear things up for DaBeatz. Only Stage 2 and 3 are in the current version. :)

Sep 12, 2008
Oh yeah, I didn't told you this in the steam chat: Please clip the bridge at stage 3 (with the medium health kit on), it's very small to walk over it, and I got stuck everytime I hitted the side things (with those metal things covered). ;)

Will fix this issue, thanks :)

Terr said:
Second stage: There were some sight-length issues. When you're down in the pit-area, there's actually a visible "black fog" effect looking back towards the spawns.
Second stage: I'm not generally a fan of two spawns facing each other that way. Maybe a short wall between the two carts?
First stage: Needs to be easier to get from spawn to the enemy finish-line to defend it.
Spawn issues, as mentioned.
Final stage "tracks in midair" difficult to follow.

I'm currently working on the spawn thing, but I'm not quite sure how i'll fix the deathpit blackness problem. Probably I'll just get rid of the fog anyways.

I'm not sure how I can make it more clear to players to take the sideways. Maybe a big sign or a full health kit could do the trick. I'm open for suggestions.

I'm glad you all like the map, and thanks Psy for clearing that out. :D

Sep 12, 2008
Good news: I started blocking out stage one! :D
Here's a picture for you:
plr_cornfield_a40001.jpg

The Gentlemanne

L4: Comfortable Member
Jun 18, 2009
Snipers giving hell during setup time(second round)...so could you like put pipes in the way or any form of barriers,'cause its too easy for them to kill anyone unsuspecting.

Sep 12, 2008
Alright, stage one is blocked out:
plr_cornfield_a40003.jpg

And the custom cart is finished too!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LK74J7Peajs"]YouTube - PLR Cornfield - Custom Payload Cart[/ame]
(click the window to see a bigger version)

Now it's only the entities and ammo/health that have to be done! Yay!

Hellfire

L9: Fashionable Member
Jul 9, 2008
waitin waitin for release

Waif

L7: Fancy Member
Mar 22, 2009
Haha that cart is cool.
At first I thought (sarcastically) , wow, a plain box on cart, thats pretty epic.
Then I saw the eyes and and the box jiggiling.
Love it.

Whats the back story :)

Sep 12, 2008
Hmmm, I'm still thinking about it, but I think it might get clearer later, when everything's sorted out.
The most I can say is that there will be a Mann Co. Factory at the beginning of the map. Mann Co. has produced two prototype products (The Boxes are from Mann Co.: The BLU one contains a bacarat detector and the RED one has microfilm suits in it) and the teams modified them to their needs. As you can see in the vid, they unleashed...
The Living Mann Co. Box of Pain and Death.

*dramatic music*

PenPen

L5: Dapper Member
Apr 24, 2008
Oh gawd, that's an awesome cart. I don't think you'll get shifted around when you're standing on top of it, would you?

Fraz

Blu Hatte, Greyscale Backdrop.
aa
Dec 28, 2008
Does it shift on your own team's cart as well? Btw, sexy box is sexy :)

Zeewier

L9: Fashionable Member
Sep 20, 2008

Anyway any suggestions for the cart are welcome :)

Sep 12, 2008
Update!
A5 is now OUT!
You can find the download here: http://forums.tf2maps.net/downloads.php?do=file&id=2228

plr_cornfield_a5show0000.jpg

plr_cornfield_a5show0001.jpg

plr_cornfield_a5show0002.jpg

plr_cornfield_a5show0003.jpg

plr_cornfield_a5show0004.jpg

plr_cornfield_a5show0005.jpg

Changes in alpha 5:
- made the wall above the setupgate in s2 slightly higher to prevent sniperspam
- fixed a playerclipping bug in the final stage at the small wooden bridge
- added the first stage!
- added a failed 3D Skybox
- added the NEW CUSTOM MANN CO. BOX CART
- and much more...

Greets,
DBP

edit: oh yes, I skipped A4, since it had too many flaws to release to the public. :D

Last edited: