Custom Prop Causes Map to Not Compile

exer

L1: Registered
Jan 24, 2021
I'm trying to get a custom surf ramp prop to work in TF2, but whenever the prop is present in my map, Hammer seemingly compiles the version of the vmf saved directly before the prop was added. When I compile a fresh vmf with the prop, I get this error and compile log*. I was originally using Slammin and its custom compilers in conjunction with Compilepal, but in troubleshooting this issue, I've switched to default hammer and the in-editor compile dialogue, which hasn't worked. The prop itself compiles and shows up in-editor without issue, and even weirder, works in-game when the map is compiled on other people's machines, and even works in CSS on my machine. I'll include the compile log for the prop, map, and the custom model itself (ramp.zip).

Prop compile log
*Fresh vmf compile log (with prop, no pervious versions)
Old vmf compile log (with prop, previous versions)

Thanks

Attachments

• ramp.zip
    147.4 KB · Views: 186
Last edited:

Xbmann

aa
Jul 8, 2019
The error in the compile log suggests that it either can't find the vertex data of the model either because it's in the wrong place or it is corrupt. Double check that your .vtx, .vvd, .mdl and .phy files are in the proper folder location in the game files. This model compiles into a bsp fine for me when I place those files in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Team Fortress 2\tf\models\whimsy.

exer

Jan 24, 2021
Double check that your .vtx, .vvd, .mdl and .phy files are in the proper folder location in the game files. This model compiles into a bsp fine for me when I place those files in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Team Fortress 2\tf\models\whimsy.

All the files are in the same directory for me as they are in the zip file. Could this mean it's an issue with my versions of the compilers themselves? Also what compile parameters did you use?

Da Spud Lord

Occasionally I make maps
aa
Mar 23, 2017
All the files are in the same directory for me as they are in the zip file.
What is the full path to the model files on your PC?

exer

Jan 24, 2021
upload_2021-1-25_19-19-3.png

oops