Model Tyker's Custom Hats and Misc items

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
Third. One looks hideously wrong, 2 looks like carpet.

You do need some kind of detail though it's a tiny bit plain without it. I believe most hats have one of the flame textures overlayed as a detail texture? or just look at hats like the tyrolean/billycock etc

Tyker

L5: Dapper Member
Jun 1, 2009
I did have the flame texture overlay on it, although it could only be see on the bottom.
I finally just decided to put a veeeeeery slight gradient in it, just like the other spy hats. I am not touching the fez any more now, I'm not having fun working on it anymore.

On to the next subject though:
okay.png

So the name is Hermes' Heel. But will it just be for decoration or can somebody find a good purpose for it?

Last edited:

HeaH

L8: Fancy Shmancy Member
Oct 2, 2008
You don't actually have to give it a purpose. Valve handles that...

Tyker

Jun 1, 2009
Yes I do. They can change it if they want to, they have even changed names that were submitted with certain items, but it must have some purpose. I can't just say: 'Here, you guys figure something out'.

HeaH

L8: Fancy Shmancy Member
Oct 2, 2008
From TF2 contribute site:

Game Balance
"Wait," you might be thinking, "won't this ruin the balance of the game with tons of overpowered weapon designs?" Nope. The contribute feature is exclusively for model design. The TF2 team will take your submitted content and incorporate it into the gameplay in a way that makes the most sense for TF2. (You can submit gameplay ideas for new items, just like you've always been able to, by emailing us or posting them on the TF2 forums.)

I think this is new btw. Something they changed after the Polycount contest. They must have been getting too many crazy ideas :rolleyes:

J4CK8

L11: Posh Member
Mar 4, 2009
I really like the scuba gear, I think 3 and 4 assuming you're making a red and blu version.

RavenStryker

Former Alias: †Blade†/Xi.Cynx
aa
Nov 25, 2008
I agree with J4CK8, 3 and 4 would be the best colors for teams versions. Just do not stick with grey DO NOT DO IT!~

Seba

DR. BIG FUCKER, PHD
aa
Jun 9, 2009
I liked the yellow (#2) version :|

lana

Currently On: ?????
aa
Sep 28, 2009
I think RED should have a yellow version, but BLU should keep their blue scuba gear.

Tyker

Jun 1, 2009
I think I'll make a neutral yellow texture too then. However, I think giving yellow to red and blue to blu will just confuse people.

[EDIT]
Also, to Seba and beatz: I posted the .gif with the colours so people could reply what they liked and then I would build that. You should've replied to that so I knew what people would like! :p

Last edited:

Seba

DR. BIG FUCKER, PHD
aa
Jun 9, 2009
But I did reply t that :C