Proot

KotH Proot b6c-alt2

• This map is featured! Our best maps, all together in one place for your viewing pleasure.

Spleep

aa
Aug 7, 2019
Spleep updated Proot with a new update entry:

a2 - some changes for sure

Last test went well, despite the unpacked assets.
No major changes yet.

Changelog:
- messed around with the heights of the huts at mid to give a greater advantage to attackers from the flank
- changed the walkable bit of the hoodoo to be a platform so it's a little nicer to play around
- moved around some ammo and health
- made it nice and fall-y

Read the rest of this update entry...

Lem Mem

L3: Member
Nov 1, 2020
can you please explain to me why the changes made on this branch could not be put on the main branch of soot? do you plan on merging the branches once this version is "done?" i don't really understand the motivation of making this

Spleep

aa
Aug 7, 2019
can you please explain to me why the changes made on this branch could not be put on the main branch of soot? do you plan on merging the branches once this version is "done?" i don't really understand the motivation of making this
I'm pretty much happy with soot from a casual sense. Soot suffered from trying to please both comp and casual players for a while, until I decided to focus solely on casual. So proot is the other way around, allowing me to focus solely on HL development, without worrying about making it unbalanced for casual play. It's also kind of an experiment to see how differently the two maps end up. So no, I won't be merging any of these changes into soot, unless there's something here that would also improve how it plays casually.

Lem Mem

L3: Member
Nov 1, 2020
I don't really see what changes that are applied to this map significantly different to this branch. it seems identical to soot right now

Spleep

aa
Aug 7, 2019
I don't really see what changes that are applied to this map significantly different to this branch. it seems identical to soot right now
That's because it's had a total of two tests, and the current version is only the small changes made after the first test. Give it time...

Spleep

aa
Aug 7, 2019
Spleep updated Proot with a new update entry:

a3 - pizza hut

- pertified the map a bit more
- changed the rooves around the point to slope only down towards the point.
- extended the roof on the cliff side to block cliff to cliff sightlines
- extended the point to make it easier to get to
- added blocks under all of the pickups for those who have overlays disabled
- removed the ability for jumping classes to get on the flank hut
- other stuff, probably

Read the rest of this update entry...