1666561340301.png

both spawn balls coded the same help me

Attachments

• volley.vmf
    43 KB · Views: 75

SuperLuxDeluxe

L3: Member
Mar 13, 2021
If I remember correctly there can only be a single spot for the ball to spawn at at any time or else the game crashes. The way I got around this was just having the ball spawn inside an OOB room, having it go into a trigger_teleport with the everything flag set, then just changing the teleport destination keyvalue whenever I needed to. Used this to have three potential ball spawn points on kothandball_torture. You could also try templating/entitymakering the ball spawn and deleting it and force spawning it wherever you need it.

Would need more info on what exactly you're trying to do though to give better help

SuperLuxDeluxe

L3: Member
Mar 13, 2021
Okay, I took a look at the VMF you supplied. You were missing a tf_gamerules which was causing your map to crash.
I went ahead and made a setup with a single passtime spawn that just uses point_pushes to push the passtime jack to the side that didn't score the last goal. It also randomly chooses a side at the start. It's not perfect but it should work.
I went ahead and added a timer as well.
You were using decals for the wall decorations, you should be using the overlay tool :overlaytool: instead.

Attachments

• volley.vmf
    52.4 KB · Views: 71

Top sporing fungi

L1: Registered
Mar 12, 2022
Okay, I took a look at the VMF you supplied. You were missing a tf_gamerules which was causing your map to crash.
I went ahead and made a setup with a single passtime spawn that just uses point_pushes to push the passtime jack to the side that didn't score the last goal. It also randomly chooses a side at the start. It's not perfect but it should work.
I went ahead and added a timer as well.
You were using decals for the wall decorations, you should be using the overlay tool :overlaytool: instead.
you are a lifesaver I can't even represent how much brainfry went into this