Map is in fullbright mode because of HDR.

pogviuemper

L2: Junior Member
Apr 25, 2020
At some wacky random point in time, my map went fullbright, and it's because HDR is enabled for compiling. I always enable HDR when I compile my maps, and I've never seen this issue.
I already searched for that problem on the internet and I'm going to say that: I have HDR enabled properly, I have no serious errors on the map (I checked with alt+p and on interlopers), I have properly made lights (including light_environment), I have no leaks on the map, and my env_tonemap_controller is used properly.
What I'm going to say is that this problem occurred when I was making a 3D skybox.

pogviuemper

L2: Junior Member
Apr 25, 2020
Nevermind. If want to help me, you can ignore this thread.
Everything's working great, and I don't know how this problem disappeared. I guess some things appear and disappear randomly. Most likely the problem was env_tonemap_controller, but even though it was set properly, I guess I had some errors that made my map not compile and load the older version without serious issues and with a bad tonemap controller, but I somehow solved these errors even though I just simply continued my work on the 3D skybox.

Last edited:

iiboharz

eternally tired
aa
Nov 5, 2014
I'm gonna go ahead actually and guess that the problem was that you were compiling with the -hdr parameter on VRAD, but running your game with HDR turned off without realising it? When you compile your map with HDR you actually want to use the -both parameter on VRAD so that it compiles both for both LDR and HDR.

henke37

aa
Sep 23, 2011
If things appear to appear and disappear randomly, check if you have radius culling enabled by accident.