Lights Pack - 20 new light models

LIGHTS and LAMPS 2015-08-30

Feb 17, 2009
Great collection! I'm waiting to see more models, sometime :)

Last edited:

Acumen

Annoyer
aa
Jun 11, 2009
I decided to release the first round of light models, so i can kinda make a first cut for now.
I already scrapped some models i showed here, that weren't too useful, in my or your opinion :)
So now it's really up to you guys. Go on, download and test (size, collision box, texture usage, whatever comes to your mind) and then post here, so i can revisit the models. mostly it's the scale that might not fit your taste, at least i get the impression that i tend to make models bigger than the should be.
Especially the last couple of models are rather stupid considering the amount of skins, so just tell me which should go away and which can be useful. I'm open for every crits

Download:

http://forums.tf2maps.net/downloads.php?do=file&id=2845
OR
http://acumen-design.de/projects/show/lights.rar

lights_pack_overview1.jpg

Last edited:

Acumen

Annoyer
aa
Jun 11, 2009
how you mean by folder?
each light in its own folder ?

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
When did the blu team become the purple team? D: That blue is waaaaay off

Acumen

Annoyer
aa
Jun 11, 2009
you mean like this here ?
http://acumen-design.de/projects/show/lights_test.rar

Youme: great you tell me this not soooo important color scheme thing now :D
i based the blue color on the groundlight001-texture. do you think it should better be based on spotlight001 and wallight001-blue ? like on the diagonal light in the second row ?

Last edited:

bob+M|M+

L6: Sharp Member
Mar 31, 2008
What I meant was making it easily distinguishable which file goes where, by actually placing the folders in the .rar file. So when you open the .rar file. You see the "tf" folder. and when you open that, you see the "materials" and "models" folder. Currently how you have it, I don't know how to extract it properly .

Also, lights 10, 14, 15,20, 21, 22, 22_long, 25, 26,27 don't have texture in the model viewer window, but appear fine with colors once you place them in the world.

Thanks again for these great lights :D

Acumen

Annoyer
aa
Jun 11, 2009
ah, oke :)
thanks for that. never knew how to make it properly organized :D
weird with the textures. did doublecheck them in the model viewer. do you maybe happen to know how that can be fixed ?

is that better, Youme ? maybe do this blue skin and then unpurple the purple and use it as a neutral grey ?

lights_pack_overview1_paintover.jpg

Acumen

Annoyer
aa
Jun 11, 2009
yah it's just color correction right now. the actual textures are still there ^^
great that now all of a sudden the color is wrong :D
you people could have told me ages ago and i would've changed it in a minute :D

Terr

Cranky Coder
aa
Jul 31, 2009
<predictableWhiningBasedSolelyOnExamplePhoto>Do they all have a neutral-color skin?</predictableWhiningBasedSolelyOnExamplePhoto>

But really, very thexy.

Acumen

Annoyer
aa
Jun 11, 2009
yar, you're right, you're right, as always :D
since people said the blue is not blue i'll revisit and make a fitting neutral skin in the following :)

Ravidge

Grand Vizier
aa
May 14, 2008
Very cool, Installing these~

gamemaster1996

L13: Stunning Member
Sep 30, 2009
I got them a while ago and have to say i have found them very useful :D