Lights Pack - 20 new light models

LIGHTS and LAMPS 2015-08-30

Westerhound

L5: Dapper Member
Feb 5, 2009
The floor ones will be used alot as there are almost no floorlights in TF2, am I right? Awesome work on all tho, apart form floorthing I like the red/blue/brown catwalk used thingie seen in both pics

Acumen

Annoyer
aa
Jun 11, 2009
thanks a lot Westerhound !

here's another one i did. do you guys think i should also make a taller version of this ? like the same height, as the other standing light ?

lights_ingame4.jpg

Acumen

Annoyer
aa
Jun 11, 2009
yeh, definately wanted to do something like on your first pic, but didn't find anything that fitted the tf2ones that already exist - so thanks a lot for your first picture, that'll be made !

Terr

Cranky Coder
aa
Jul 31, 2009
Wouldn't it be awesome if there was a "hueshift" property on prop_dynamic? You could make pretty much anything RED/BLU-appropriate. (Well, side from the rectangular/irregular geometry styles.)

Acumen

Annoyer
aa
Jun 11, 2009
Some more of them - forgot to post the first row ^^

lights_ingame5.jpg

lights_ingame6.jpg

Acumen

Annoyer
aa
Jun 11, 2009
another one :)
my stolen light entity setup somehow looks different after every compile :D
now it's shiny again - at least for the moment

lights_ingame7.jpg

Westerhound

L5: Dapper Member
Feb 5, 2009
The last ones look really nice, DO WANT! The first new pic (during last 3 days) of the strecthed circles or whatever youd call that shape are nice too, tho the square ones in the second pic are bit boring, as they look almost like normal brushwork :/ No idea how youd make it look les brushy, and maybe its just me anyway :/ However if you release a pack of 20-30 lamps a few boring ones wont matter :p

E: looking at my old post, I meant to just say positive things, ended up saying something bad about the catwalk lamps tho somehow, but ignore my sucky engish and take it as a positive thing :p

Terr

Cranky Coder
aa
Jul 31, 2009
I would like to chime in that (as with almost all models) grey or neutral versions of each skin would be greatly appreciated.

In many cases they're a cinch to create once you have the others, and a pain to go without... They make it a lot easier to detail "The Central Building"-type areas for symmetric maps.

Acumen

Annoyer
aa
Jun 11, 2009
hope to release soon, i thought i should not confuse you people with lots and lots of tiny little releases :)

@Westerhound: yeh, i don't think i'll include the square ones in this pack, because they look indeed rather out of place and boring ^^

@Terr_: mehmehmeh, neutral skin......okokok, will be done in the end ;)
skin variations out of my ear :D

here goes the newest addition: on this one i did the three desired skin variations and tried the texturing style that can be found on the original siren-model. think it fits quite well with this model :)

lights_ingame8.jpg

Acumen

Annoyer
aa
Jun 11, 2009
i don't know :D
can add a yellow/orange one, if you think that'd be better ^^

edit: added orange texture just for you :D

finisched another model - will be last for today. i think i'll skip that ingame pic stuff, since i can't present the lights in their full ingame beauty - really starting to like that siren texture style, though ;)

lights_ingame9.jpg

Last edited:

Tapp

L10: Glamorous Member
Jan 26, 2009
Looking great, those are definately getting used in my map. Also, could you possibly leave one or two skin slots open? For any skinners out there?

Terr

Cranky Coder
aa
Jul 31, 2009
Also, could you possibly leave one or two skin slots open? For any skinners out there?
Huh? How does that work? I didn't think there was any way to add a custom skin to an already-released model without basically decompiling it and remaking it.

TMP

Ancient Pyro Main
aa
Aug 11, 2008
It is official: I am boycotting these light models. They will clearly divide up the TF2maps.net community into various subsections waging war amongst each other because of which lights are the best.

Also its taking way too long and I wanna use these lights! D:

Tapp

L10: Glamorous Member
Jan 26, 2009
Huh? How does that work? I didn't think there was any way to add a custom skin to an already-released model without basically decompiling it and remaking it.

That's the point. Have one or two skin slots pointing to non-existant files, so that a skinner can fill them in with whatever they want (ie, a purple skin, or a flouro pulsating skin, as a spy detector (we are assuming all spies are prone to seizures))

Terr

Cranky Coder
aa
Jul 31, 2009
Uhm. Is it even possible to have an already-compiled model pull in skin textures from an external file? I was under the impression that when compiled the MDL file contains it's own skins, internally.

Last edited:

Acumen

Annoyer
aa
Jun 11, 2009
shhh, Magical Potato, you make me blush :)
but in all seriousness, thanks so much, that really makes me wanna work even harder to get this done soon ! but it's a long way to go with all the rest of the lights ;)

i'm not too fond on the empty skin slot stuff, since people might think, there was an unintentional missing file or whatnot. these people who like to add stuff, will know how to do so, anyways, i think :)