Koth works, but not the holographic icon or the bots.

8bitprodigy

L1: Registered
Apr 4, 2011
so I started work on a map, I turned it into an arena map, but thought it would be better suited to the koth gamemode, so I edited everything to work as a koth map, compiled it and it works as a koth map, except the floaty holograph that says RED or BLU isn't even visible, and when I tried to playtest it with bots, they wouldn't leave the spawn.

Any help would be appreciated, and here's the .vmf, .bsp and the log if thats necessary.

Thanks in advance!

Jeremy

L11: Posh Member
Oct 24, 2010
There are a lot of broken I/Os. Maybe that's the problem.

Also, offtopic, but some brushes that should be func_details aren't. Everything in your map in particular can be a func_detail, pretty much.

tyler

aa
Sep 11, 2013
I think it's because you're missing a tf_gamerules or something. Your outputs shouldn't have red lines over them.

8bitprodigy

Apr 4, 2011
I think it's because you're missing a tf_gamerules or something. Your outputs shouldn't have red lines over them.

I've heard from a tutorial here that adding the tf_gamerules entity is not necessary and sometimes causes a crash, and gets added during the compile, I could be wrong, however. Also, SirRaffi, what does the func detail do?

ardysqrrl

L4: Comfortable Member
Oct 26, 2009

Jeremy

L11: Posh Member
Oct 24, 2010
^

The whole building in Lumberyard (on the end opposite to the cliff of death) is a func_detail. ALL OF IT.

8bitprodigy

Apr 4, 2011
Thanks, SirRaffi, I hate waiting for compiling maps to finish, especially when you have Vis set to normal (HOOOOOOOUUUUUUURSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS)

but on the topic of the holograph, it still doesn't show up and bots still sit in the spawn like lumps (but the bots aren't really the important part.)

Crash

func_nerd
aa
Mar 1, 2010
Thanks, SirRaffi, I hate waiting for compiling maps to finish, especially when you have Vis set to normal (HOOOOOOOUUUUUUURSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS)

Proper func_detailing will help that immensely.

Crash

func_nerd
aa
Mar 1, 2010
Seriously though man, if you are sick of those long compile times, that'll fix it. It's pretty important for mapping in generally anyway, which is why everyone is commenting on it.

Learn it early and prosper or learn it late and have it bite you in the ass, basically.

And it would be thread-jacking if someone had come in that wasn't you and asked a question and everyone answered them instead.

8bitprodigy

Apr 4, 2011
And it would be thread-jacking if someone had come in that wasn't you and asked a question and everyone answered them instead.

True.

But anyway, Can someone help me out with the Holographic thing not working and possibly bots (if possible)?

tyler

aa
Sep 11, 2013
Did you add a tf_gamerules and fix the outputs on all your entities?

For bots, did you create a nav mesh?

8bitprodigy

Apr 4, 2011
Did you add a tf_gamerules and fix the outputs on all your entities?

For bots, did you create a nav mesh?

I added a tf_gamerules, but I did not realize bots needed a precomputed navigation mesh. My bad.

Still trying to figure out the floaty Icon thing, It works in Arena Mode...

EDIT: Hmm, floaty thing still doesn't show up, but the map compiles faster!

Last edited: