CP Yukon

• This map is featured! Our best maps, all together in one place for your viewing pleasure.

TMP

Ancient Pyro Main
aa
Aug 11, 2008
I have to say loved the style, and I am SO GLAD I can use it now! :D

Jan 31, 2008
I made tooltextures for the Yukon blend materials so it's easier for you guys to see what the blends look like in the texture browser.
To see them all, filter by "winter/".

Jack Riguel

L10: Glamorous Member
Jul 19, 2009
Glad to see this official. Loved playing it in comp (back when the middle CP was on the ground) and now it's a really nicely polished map. Congrats to you and Ace!

mdawgmike

L1: Registered
Jun 7, 2009
Yea, I think I have had a change of heart on this. Great map dude! Definitely well worthy of a community pick. My community hated it the few versions we tested, but I think it's starting to grow on them as well. Oh well, Meridian will get picked someday too. Hopefully...

Hellfire

L9: Fashionable Member
Jul 9, 2008
this playerclip bug appears ONLY on red side of the map

Aug 19, 2008
Mangy, gotta say, after playing it more and more, this is the best community-pick so far :D

i don´t see any class-stacking, every class has its place and the dynamic shifts nicely

i had one neverending round, but the teams were very balanced and both teams were pushed several times back to their 2 and recovered
we ended up on stalemate and but then lost :/

long story short, amazing :)

tarmo-

L3: Member
Dec 10, 2008
Mangy, gotta say, after playing it more and more, this is the best community-pick so far :D

i don´t see any class-stacking, every class has its place and the dynamic shifts nicely

i had one neverending round, but the teams were very balanced and both teams were pushed several times back to their 2 and recovered
we ended up on stalemate and but then lost :/

long story short, amazing :)

i need to say i totally disagree. doesnt fit to 6on6. end of discussion.

BagOfChips

L5: Dapper Member
Feb 7, 2009
None of the other community maps work in well in 6v6 so I don't see why yukon can't be considered the best.

tarmo-

L3: Member
Dec 10, 2008
None of the other community maps work in well in 6v6 so I don't see why yukon can't be considered the best.

maybe they should ask from competetive scene which could work in 6on6 and add that to community map-pick. anyways, wont post anything else, this is going to be just another flamewar.

Cerious

L420: High Member
Aug 10, 2008
Agreed tarmo, Valve should have chosen the other good 5cp map... oh wait there are no others that are final (excluding freight, it can't go official because the mapmaker is an employee at Splash Damage now).

Although to be honest this map feels really sniper friendly - I heard a comment about how it's the Orange X of competitively-geared 5cp maps.

drp

aa
Oct 25, 2007
Agreed tarmo, Valve should have chosen the other good 5cp map... oh wait there are no others that are final (excluding freight, it can't go official because the mapmaker is an employee at Splash Damage now).

Although to be honest this map feels really sniper friendly - I heard a comment about how it's the Orange X of competitively-geared 5cp maps.
im not sure how you see that its anymore sniper friendly than well or granary where these are 100% linear and badlands and yukon have a few major twists and turns.

TMP

Ancient Pyro Main
aa
Aug 11, 2008
I would say the final point and the middle are areas where a sniper can do great damage.

I think it works though. I've pugged and freight suffers about the same, and it just means get a scout behind.

On a side note: I don't think the map would be official with a name like "Ash Ridge". Glad you changed it!

The_Ulf

L6: Sharp Member
May 26, 2009
i need to say i totally disagree. doesnt fit to 6on6. end of discussion.

Ok... but it does fit to tf2. This is not an exclusively professional game. What I've played of Yukon so far has been great in 24 man and crazy 32 man brumblefarks - which is what I bought this game for.

Congrats btw, Mangy!

evanonline

L420: High Member
Mar 15, 2009
(excluding freight, it can't go official because the mapmaker is an employee at Splash Damage now).

By that logic, wouldn't they have to remove Steel?

(well ok that's even worse logic but I still feel that's sort of silly)

I'm hardly a competitive player, but Yukon is probably the best 5CP map for pubs since Well and I agree with the choice. And for once, a map went official that won't need tweaking afterwards! (I am so tempted to do "cp_junction_improved" because that map desperately needs help that I doubt it will ever receive)

Yukon isn't my FAVORITE MAP EVER--I do like it, but I'm not saying it will never need any improvements--you should definitely try listening to what people say and if you notice any trends or come up with any improvements go for it. But it's certainly a worthy addition to TF2 and one of the better community maps they've picked. Hooray for our first not-arena alpine map! ...That isn't a modification of an arena map!