L42: Life, the Universe and Everything
aa
Feb 3, 2009
:facepalm x10

Penguin

Clinically Diagnosed with Small Mapper's Syndrome
aa
May 21, 2009
...I think you need to study the concept of basic payload gameplay forgetting the map...

Oh lord...

I think that everyone here as gone up their own armholes if im quite honest.

I don't even know how that's possible.

Regular Payload is irregularly and un-imaginative in comparison to the concepts of Control Point and Payload....

Contradictory, no?

Payload 2009
Player Team Choices: Attacker or Defender
Total Map Stages: 1
Attacker Round Win: Last Checkpoint of Stage
Defender Round Win: Stopping Payload reaching last point.
Change Teams: No

pl_badwater?

I'll be honest, I tried to take this seriously but I just can't.

Richard.UK

L1: Registered
Aug 17, 2009
Forgive my gaming knowledge i'm a server owner/developer not a gamer.

Does badwater calculate checkpoints as wins?, or only the final point as a win for the round?

also Does the defender get rewarded 1 point for defending and stopping red reach the final point?

Badwater has No Team changes either?

Sorry forgive my understanding, but this is kind of a generic concept accross all older payload maps also. Just curious if badwater meets those criterias or not

Nutomic

L11: Posh Member
Feb 7, 2009
Payload 2009
Player Team Choices: Attacker or Defender
Total Map Stages: 1
Attacker Round Win: Last Checkpoint of Stage
Defender Round Win: Stopping Payload reaching last point.
Change Teams: No

Actually, this is exactly the same as the standard payload maps, except that it has only one stage, and the teams are not being switched. so wheres the big change, that makes the game mode better? i just dont see it.

Richard.UK

Aug 17, 2009
jeeese now I remember why I stopped using forums. Eveyrone gets so Literacy Elite.... lol

To be honest I have more things and time on my hand for other things Im a very busy man you know.

Just because I make a few spelling mistakes typos and not contradictory statements, they are just statements which single minded people can not see through and understand.

To answer my question you are basically saying Badwater is all of the criteria I am thinking of?, so I should be trialling this map out in your opinions instead

NovaSilisko

aa
Feb 3, 2009
Maybe. If you want a map done, instead of being lazy, GET UP AND DO IT YOURSELF.

And for your trouble, don't submit it here. Submit it to FPSBanana, they have extremely low standards.

Richard.UK

Aug 17, 2009
OK

When Defender Stops attacker from reaching the last checkpoint the Defender team then becomes the attacking team....thus team switch is enabled in the Main entity...

As far as I was aware, in Payload when you press tab to see the scores, a scorepoint is added for every checkpoiint you reach as the attacker?

NovaSilisko

aa
Feb 3, 2009
Have you ever even PLAYED badwater?

TMP

Ancient Pyro Main
aa
Aug 11, 2008
Yeah, if you cap a point in Payload, it grants a scorepoint. Defending the final does not grant you a scorepoint in normal payload either.

To be quite honest, I have no idea why this would appeal more than the way payload works. People, comp and pub alike, don't like to be stuck doing ONE THING (Attacking or defending). The style you have would make it much harder for comp players to adjust it and pubs would not play it.

The mode just wouldn't work out.

EDIT TOWARDS MEMBERS: He isn't talking about badwater-styled! He's talking about something new! Note he says a scorepoint on win for red and/or blu. For defending, he wants to give a scorepoint if they defend, and for offense, he wants to give one if they win. He also apparantly does not want teams to switch.

Last edited:

Richard.UK

Aug 17, 2009
I said im a server owner/developer not a gaming guru, are you suggesting I trial badwater, which goes back to my original point, I need this generically

Well I guess one good thing has come from this forum lol

I now know what to say to make my point alot clearer

Jimmy

L420: High Member
Jul 6, 2009
Hmmm. I belive that through the engrish that this guy wants pl_badwater_hoodoo_2009 or sumthin like that, with a payload unimaginative thingy. rofl. :D

NovaSilisko

aa
Feb 3, 2009
Were suggesting you actually PLAY badwater.

This.

Stop being lazy. Stop asking us to do your work for you. If you want it done...

GET UP OFF YOUR ASS AND DO IT YOURSELF.

Richard.UK

Aug 17, 2009
Yeah, if you cap a point in Payload, it grants a scorepoint. Defending the final does not grant you a scorepoint in normal payload either.

To be quite honest, I have no idea why this would appeal more than the way payload works. People, comp and pub alike, don't like to be stuck doing ONE THING (Attacking or defending). The style you have would make it much harder for comp players to adjust it and pubs would not play it.

finally someone who understands....

Well can I say that CTF is exactly the same thing...backwards and forwards....so is CP....

I'm taking these concepts and bringing them into Payload...but nobody here undestands me and makes Elitist comments which is expected I guess from a forum community...

but yes my point stands then Badwater is not the idea I am thinking of...that is people saying things to throw me off somewhere else obviously. But I will thank you Magical Potatoe for your understanding behaviour, wish there was more than just a thanks to be honest

NovaSilisko

aa
Feb 3, 2009
ELITIST COMMENTS?

YOU'RE the one asking us to do everything for you goddammit!

Lord Ned

L420: High Member
Feb 11, 2008
Originally Posted by Magical Potato View Post

finally someone who understands....

Well can I say that CTF is exactly the same thing...backwards and forwards....so is CP....

I'm taking these concepts and bringing them into Payload...but nobody here undestands me and makes Elitist comments which is expected I guess from a forum community...

but yes my point stands then Badwater is not the idea I am thinking of...that is people saying things to throw me off somewhere else obviously. But I will thank you Magical Potatoe for your understanding behaviour, wish there was more than just a thanks to be honest

Bolded relevant pieces.

DJive

Cake or Death?
aa
Dec 20, 2007
Enough with the insults.

Richard.UK

Aug 17, 2009
I am sorry...I am not patronising anyone but I have not felt understood or even respected, I am human and a very respectable business man like yourselves...I do not take fondly to the elitist opinions that were coming through but I am apologising if it is me this is directed towards in its entirety.

Back to the point, Did anyone read The Edit of Magical Potatoe?

Status
Not open for further replies.