The goals won't show on the PASS Time hud

SnickerPuffs

(*single chuckle*)
aa
Apr 10, 2014
I'm working on the next update for my "Pick It Up!" contet entry, and something I changed caused the logic to break and stop showing the goals on the hud. The goals still work, so it's only a visual bug. Oddly enough, the player/ball tracker portion of the hud still works, so whatever I did that goofed up the logic only affected the goals.

Since this is just visual bug and doesn't affect gameplay, I'll be moving ahead with releasing and playtesting the map, but I still want to figure out what's causing this issue.

I'm including the VMF, in case someone's who's better at logic than I am wants to dive in and figure this out.

Attachments

• pass_hopper_a5.vmf
    2.1 MB · Views: 151

SnickerPuffs

(*single chuckle*)
aa
Apr 10, 2014
I just compiled a bonus goal-less version of Hopper, to see how the map would feel if I removed them, and the HUD started working again. So, now I know *exactly* where the issue lies in the logic. All I need to figure out now is how the crime was committed.

If I, or someone else, can't figure out this problem by the contest deadline I can always cut the bonus goals to fix this. They're pretty easily abused as I have them now. I'm currently working on a redesign of the map, so if they still don't work in the new version I'll drop them.