[Taking Requests] Sound Scapes, Sound design..

tyler

aa
Sep 11, 2013
I'm not sure (on my phone) but I think you can adjust the volume of the hell soundscape. The hellscape.

ethosaur

L4: Comfortable Member
Sep 18, 2010
I'm not sure (on my phone) but I think you can adjust the volume of the hell soundscape. The hellscape.
I can't see any volume options in the env_soundscape, only radius and positions.
There is not any outputs either to change volume, so I guess it's bound to max volume unlike ambient_generic.

Neya

L1: Registered
Aug 29, 2015
I can't see any volume options in the env_soundscape, only radius and positions.
There is not any outputs either to change volume, so I guess it's bound to max volume unlike ambient_generic.

Here are two informative guides on soundscapes, the range of it, volume, loops.. etc.

http://tf2maps.net/threads/tutorial-simple-soundscapes.7000/
http://tf2maps.net/threads/tutorial-custom-soundscapes.9300/

If it still isn't quite what you need I can try making some adjustments to it.

@tyler Thanks for helping with the replies, it sure is getting overwhelming somewhat, haha.

Woah guys, don't overload this person with so many requests. Make sure your map is well on it's way to beta at least before requesting too much custom content. An alpha map doesn't need custom material.

Yes, thank you for this.
The audio segment in TF2 is an element to finish up and polish an already, or almost finished product.

Not to mention most people give up on maps so there's no guarantee my work was worth the effort.

Sounds fucking awesome! I'm gonna use it in the next version of my map. Ahh how the sound of an explosion can brighten my day.

Glad you like it! Do share when you get the sound running in game, would absolutely love to hear it!

ethosaur

Sep 18, 2010
Here are two informative guides on soundscapes, the range of it, volume, loops.. etc.

http://tf2maps.net/threads/tutorial-simple-soundscapes.7000/
http://tf2maps.net/threads/tutorial-custom-soundscapes.9300/

If it still isn't quite what you need I can try making some adjustments to it.

@tyler Thanks for helping with the replies, it sure is getting overwhelming somewhat, haha.

Yes, thank you for this.
The audio segment in TF2 is an element to finish up and polish an already, or almost finished product.

Not to mention most people give up on maps so there's no guarantee my work was worth the effort.

Glad you like it! Do share when you get the sound running in game, would absolutely love to hear it!
Apologies, I didn't realize you had so many requests now. I thought you where looking for people to
make soundscapes for so I thought it might be fun to make a hell themed one. I'll just mess around with the one in-game then. Good luck.

Neya

L1: Registered
Aug 29, 2015
Apologies, I didn't realize you had so many requests now. I thought you where looking for people to
make soundscapes for so I thought it might be fun to make a hell themed one. I'll just mess around with the one in-game then. Good luck.

Don't worry about it, I am still looking to help as many people as I can, but the only downside is that things will take a tad bit longer with the more requests I get.

Which I guess should generally be fine, considering a map doesn't need to be finished from top to bottom in a day.

If the original isn't quite what you need, don't hestitate to tell me what you need and I'll put it on the list.

ethosaur

Sep 18, 2010
Don't worry about it, I am still looking to help as many people as I can, but the only downside is that things will take a tad bit longer with the more requests I get.

Which I guess should generally be fine, considering a map doesn't need to be finished from top to bottom in a day.

If the original isn't quite what you need, don't hestitate to tell me what you need and I'll put it on the list.
Thanks, don't bother for now, you are right that it's a waste of time to start thinking about sounds when I barely even started on the map.