1. Hey Guest, welcome to the new forums. Be sure to check out this thread to get all the information you need on the cool new stuff!

Our servers are now running a Steam Workshop rotation, if you'd like your map to be considered for inclusion on our rotation, post in the rotation discussion thread

Or, if you just want to play some of the best community maps the Workshop has to offer, you can join our servers by clicking these links:

Model Spyloadpaycart Model (2-way cart)

Discussion in 'Models & Textures' started by Cerulean, Mar 18, 2009.

1. Cerulean

Cerulean L3: Member

Positive Ratings:
    This is the current progress on this model. Different people have suggested different things, I've done most of what I could so far. I also added siren skins (only grey is custom, others refer to original).

The only other thing I might change personally is the dispenser material (add some texture, make it look like its had some use).

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2009
  2. Fearlezz

Fearlezz L10: Glamorous Member

Positive Ratings:
    I like the looks of it. Keep up the good work.

3. MangyCarface

aa MangyCarface Mapper

Positive Ratings:
    Looks awesome, the middle unit just needs a bit more love (not a modeller so I can't be specific)

4. Sgt Frag

Sgt Frag L14: Epic Member

Positive Ratings:
    That's looking really cool so far/

I'd suggest a little 'dispenser screen' ontop of the button area, so it looks like there's somewhere for the health beam to come from.

I agree the mid is a bit plain too. Maybe a wire from each side to the siren. and maybe a few going into that thing by the siren. And/Or a couple steel rods along the top, just to give it a little more shape..

5. Owlruler

Owlruler L12: Fabulous Member

Positive Ratings:
    Is it just me or in each of those screen shots is the siren a different colour?

6. Cerulean

Cerulean L3: Member

Positive Ratings:
    -fearlezz

Thanks... I decided to replace the old decal with that text after seeing your submission on fpsb (I think it was you).

-Mangy & Sgt Frag

I'm still thinking of a way to 'connect' the bomb to the cart, probably via pipes/pipe-like supports. I might add a little protrusion on top of each dispenser for the medi-beam.

-Owl

Skins. I'm thinking of having it available for 'ontrigger,' which will trigger the skin and the teams siren particle effect.

7. Shadow Monkey

Shadow Monkey Super Monkey

Positive Ratings:
    OMFGWTFBBQ!

This is one of the best modern payloads I've seen! And it doesn't need some more detail in the middle....it's modern!

8. SuperNerd

SuperNerd L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
    It looks good.
    But I think some poking out pipes would like a bit better.
    As in, they come out from the base and bend around to connect to the top, sort of.

9. DaFatCat

DaFatCat L3: Member

Positive Ratings:
    I love it! Great idea to use the different siren skins.

Now let us download it! :D

Last edited: May 30, 2009
  10. Sel

Sel Banned

Positive Ratings:
    This.

Try circuits, lights, controls; to name a few things that can spice it up.

I personally would thing that it would look really cool to have a glass sides on the middle, with a pulsing energy orb (think hl2 ep1 citadel core) suspended inside.

11. joshman

joshman L5: Dapper Member

Positive Ratings:
    I like it.