1. Hey Guest, welcome to the new forums. Be sure to check out this thread to get all the information you need on the cool new stuff!

Our servers are now running a Steam Workshop rotation, if you'd like your map to be considered for inclusion on our rotation, post in the rotation discussion thread

Or, if you just want to play some of the best community maps the Workshop has to offer, you can join our servers by clicking these links:

Model [Request] Billboard re-skin or new billboard

Discussion in 'Models & Textures' started by Caliostro, Jul 14, 2009.

1. Caliostro

Caliostro L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    Basically, I need either a new billboard model, or a couple re-skins of This model ( models/props_mining/billboard001.mdl ), with almost everything the same except using this billboard and this one.

Alternatively, if anyone finds it easier, I'd be fine with a custom billboard model with those "skins" either... All the same to me... All I want is: Those posters. On a billboard.

Appreciated.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2009
  2. Icarus

aa Icarus

Positive Ratings:
    it's just a big rectangle. Why not just put a brush over it?

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. SiniStarR

SiniStarR L8: Fancy Shmancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    Icarus has a very good point considering that you could save yourself so much time doing it that way rather than decompiling the model, replace the texture with thoses, 2 and recompile it by adding the the two materials as a skins.

If it HAS to be done Im willing to do it, but I just don't really see it being necessary

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. Caliostro

Caliostro L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    Possible, but wouldn't that unnecessarily affect performance (even if a little)...?

Or would it still be better than a custom?

Edit, just tried it, works well enough with an invisible brush "wrapped" around the billboard, and the images used as texture.

Thanks guys.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2009
  5. BrokenTripod

BrokenTripod L5: Dapper Member

Positive Ratings:
    custom = bigger filesize

big brush over it (func_detail!) = booya.

6. SiniStarR

SiniStarR L8: Fancy Shmancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    booya (highfive)

7. Chaopsychochick

Chaopsychochick L4: Comfortable Member

Positive Ratings:
    Where did you get those images? If they are yours would it be okay if I used them in a map that I am working on?